Sunday, October 02, 2005

=>

I had an extremely tiring and discouraging week, but its just so amazing how everytime I have a tiring week that the weekend service would be so good. Today I admit I was a little distracted and tired while pastor tan was preaching. But when it came to the ministry and we sang this song to invite the Holy Ghost, the anointing of God just poured down so strongly. I felt the warmth of His embrace..really did..like His face next to mine, and then His palms on me. Well, some of u non-christians might think that I am mad...but really it was so strong. I also felt a tingling feeling on my right palm. Most of all, the soft gentle whisper from God...And there was this verse that came to me: In quietness and confidence shall be your strength.
I went back to search the bible, and this verse comes from Isaiah. The Israelites wanted to use swift horses to fight the battle, but God was saying, don't depend on human means or methods, but depend on ME. I was so tremendously blessed. And He impressed upon my heart that He will take my hands and my mouth and use me to minister to His ple..to not look at my own limitations but to look upon Him.
Pastor Tan also prophesied, he talked abt how He would take away our loneliness, our doubts, and restore our confidence. I was so so very blessed. => Yups. I will be strong, and I wanna see His dream coming to pass in my life.

Going the narrow road involves sacrifices. And sometimes it is a lonely road. I guess I have walked the talk and experienced the emotional heartbreak of seperation from that whom I really loved but which displeases God. Its like ur road to destiny, and watever decision u choose leads u to a different path. But u can only choose one path...choose the destiny or choose the easy way out. Choosing God's path is not easy...and I realise that when He begins to do a heart operation within u...some ple will fall..cos they love themselves too much to let go and let God's ways. But those who hold on...will see their dreams coming to pass. Those who hold on will grow in faith and in character...
But one of the most touching things I experienced as a christian is that sometimes it doesn't take THAT much faith to believe. Just a mustard seed, and a desire to trust. The rest...God begins to bring ple around u to point u to the vision, and He begins to put signposts, neon lights pointing to the right direction. Alarm bells ring.. sermons begin to cut right thru ur heart. At the pt in time, u can choose to ignore the signposts and walk ur own walk..further away into ur abyss of darkness, or u can decide to follow the signposts...sometimes amidst the cryings of ur heart...ur flesh that says "Go the other way!". U ignore those cries and keep moving..keep moving....toward ur destiny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

... I can't emphasize how ur posts speak to me each time.. , and how timely they seem to be. (when i put in the effort to read every word of the Godly encounters..;P)
U described the process very well..
as if we go thru the same phases?..or it's the same process for many/most people who need healing of some kind.

mm....good one..=) Blessed to have encountered the spirit that much/tangibly. Be strong, gal, jia you on the journey.

Hee.. there's a seemingly over simplified analogy my fren told me on Sat... "The way to ride a bike is to focus on the front distance, not the immediate few steps ahead of you, or the little things like how u should put ur feet, etc, i.e. not focus on ur inadequacies. Cos worrying too much about them wont get you moving, shifting the focus to the goal in front is the only way to ride a bike."
hee.. might not be completely relevant, but thought that made alotta sense..:P

Lois said...

Hallo...
the bike analogy is true..=)
Press on gal!

Anonymous said...

hee...yah..
true for you, too?..
hugs..