Saturday, October 22, 2005

wedding....

Hallo..
Just went to my cousin's church wedding in the morning. ;) I feel so happy for them both, my cousin Timothy and his wife Rebecca. I like Rebecca v much. I remember what she told me. That Tim was her first bf, and she had been praying for someone spiritual and like Tim, then they met thru mutual frens at a bbq. Then anyway she was also Tim's first. Think they met ard 23/26(girl vs guy). So Sweet right?
SO the story is WAIT and WAIT for God's timing. He will bless u indeed.

Been sick for the past few days..since Tues nite running a slight fever, wed nite too and then thur felt so bloated after lunch and had dizziness. Then my manager was asking me a question and then for 5 sec, my whole brain blanked out and i muttered erm uhh,,erm....and then b4 my brain came back again. That feeling was horrible. Immediately sms some ple to pray for me. Guess I've been feeling the stress at work, and also had to haggle with some other department wrt some issues..and it was really v pek chek. Then again this week I discovered another bug in some calculation of theorectical prices, so I feel really satisfied with myself. =)

Been talking to this new fren Jon and one of the things that stucks a chord in him is poverty reduction. There are basically 3 kinds of needs that ple have: 1. spiritual 2. emotional 3. physical. SOmething that really affects me is 2. emotional. Everytime I see someone smoking, I feel something for that person..esp one who smokes and then in his eyes there is a deep sense of lostness and hopelessness, and there and then I wish to run forward and give him/her a hug and tell him/her that its ok, there is still hope.

There is a need to eradicate poverty, but how abt also the need to eradicate emotional poverty? If I can best say it, in my opinion, spiritual need is the need that is of greatest urgency, because in heaven, the poor who know God will enjoy an eternal life in heaven with God. And how can we best evangelise and tell ple that there is a God who cares for them? Its simply by demonstrating God's love and being a walking Jesus in a sense. And that means meeting both their emotional and physical needs.
How abt ple in developed nations? Ple working in banks, law firms, hospitals (doctors?), they may be rich physically but may be so poor emotionally and spiritually! What then of these ple! They need someone to go right in there to meet their emotional needs. Which is something that I believe God has placed deep within my heart. To reach out to the business community..maybe in particular the banks?

It may seem incoherent to some why I am working in GIC. Why am I not in social work since I am such a social person? Precisely the pt. I wanna get right in there into the banks/financial sector and reach out and shine. I pray that as days go by, the vision will become clearer. But meanwhile I will wait upon Him, for Him to tell me GO.

Was chatting with derek yesterday on MSN, and he told me this, to not miss the opportunity that God has placed there for me. Hmm...I thot it was q aligned with what i had been hearing. I think that at a juncture in a christian's life, there is always a question of will u choose to live ur life for Christ or u choose to compromise. And that is not as easy decision to make, cos going for the former requires a lot of moulding and a lot of dark days of despair. But now that the word has been somewhat affirmed too..even by derek...its really q encouraging that yup..it seems like He is bringing me into a new place already. And I've to be obedient.

Yups..so this is a whole lot of sharing. =) Maybe a lot of blabbering too. ehhe.
CIaoz.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

*hugs.. that must hv been q horrible.. know how that feels.. The momentary blankness..
Sick never go see doc ah?..
I was sick last week and it felt horrible... saw a doc and got medicine n became better..:P (psychologically also.. he said would be healed in 3 days mah)
Never msg me... :<..
Rest well in e weekend k?

heh my psychologist fren met her hubby when she was 25... her first bf also.. They are extremely sweet..
Always thot shes one v successful example of waiting.. for His timing..
(oops..)

I tend to feel esp xin tong when my frens smoke.. like when ms jetsetjunkie said she did..or my T. But T said she does tt outta pure boredom n it's no big deal. N theorised to me about how she researched on e net and found there to be no concrete evidence tt infrequent smoking does real damage to e body, which repairs itself. o wEll.. sigh. (wat.. become uninformed nag?!)

Think regular smokers smoke out of habit.. I know a fren who said he cant imagine what to do w his hands if he doesnt smoke.. It's an addiction.. and guess addiction exists cos one fears emotional emptiness.. Just happens that they chose smoking which is at the same time harmful to the body.
Maybe they need love to let them know w/o this addiction, they can discover many other beautiful things in life?

But emotional emptiness is prob the hardest to eradicate. U cant give them money or ask them to pray.
...(dun i know that) i dunno what can be done..

Are banks n law firms so bad? mm...
dear Ms curio, is ur law firm tt bad?
I thought all corporate environments are sama sama..

Jia you!:)*hugs im sorry for this long n out of place comment..:/
(Always out of place..)