Friday, January 02, 2009

Welcome 2009!

This is my first post on this blog to welcome 2009!
Alas, I have taken ill today...started with a sore throat since 31st Dec 2008. But I received strepsils from 2 nice friends! :)
Went to work today, and left early to see a doctor, and got an MC. After that I managed to sleep for 2 hours in the afternoon. Felt so refreshed after that. Its been a long while since I felt like that!
Actually had the leisurely time to upload photos unto my facebook. These are the photos I took during my work travel.

People have been asking what I do when I travel! So far I've visited schools, bible schools, villagers etc. Most of these are recee trips, to access needs, to get a feel of the ground, so that I can tie up teams interested to go on trips with projects overseas.

So here's the link to the FB photos(Cambodia, Indonesia) have a good time seeing!

Other than uploading photos, I also managed to read a good chunk of Five People you meet in Heaven. It has been quite thought provoking. Its interesting to review one's life after death in this manner. We live with pain in our lives, and assumptions about people. But our lives told from another's perspectives, helps us to understand why certain things had to happen in a certain manner.
In the chunk I just read, there's one part whereby the protagonist meets his wife in heaven. And the wife talked abt "lost love". She asked the husband "you had to live without love for many years, didn't you?"

In the chap before, there was this paragraph "Love like rain, can nourish from above, drenching couples with a soaking joy. But sometimes, under the angry heat of life, love dries on the surface and must nourish from below, tending to its roots, keeping itself alive." Some of our love stories never find nourishment from below and it withers!

It kind of tied up with what I had been thinking about, as I speak to various ones who had experienced heartbreak. In every relationship, we give a part of our hearts to someone, and someone else becomes a part of us. That part of lost love remains in the recesses of one's heart. Can one ever say that you no longer have any feelings for the one you used to love? Can one be whole again after a part has been taken away? I believe God can heal the heart and make it complete in Him. :) Though memories remain and one can't help but think back of lost love.

I've been somewhat intrigued to continue with episode after episode of Little Nyonya too. Cos the female lead is like so courageous to solve one problem after the next. I like the ending song, which is titled: 爱是一种需要.

Alright...the medication is making me drowsy and I'm off to sleep!

2 comments:

绿禾 said...

嗨!新年蒙恩,福杯满溢!祝你早日康复!

Anonymous said...

happy 2009 and get well soon dear!