Sunday, December 28, 2008

Simplying life

I had a long break from work since 24 Dec, and back to office 30 Dec. I must admit though, that my mind keeps wandering to work, and I've been doing some work here and there at home, and checking my emails daily!
I dread to go back to an overcrowded life. Of rushing here and there, waking up with just enough time to wash up, read the headlines in the newspapers, dress up and rush out of the house. And then a full day of work, rushing reports and reacting to emails, then night meetings or night outs with friends. I wonder if it is neccessary to work at break neck speed. I wonder if there is an alternative to this? I wonder if this is the nature of the job, or is there simply something that can be done abt the organization?
A close colleague has tendered. I am sad. : ( and wonder how I am going to carry on without random chats and advice from him.

HY got married yesterday! It seemed like a dream. I teared during the march-in that led immediately to the worship. Cos I felt that God is so good! I recalled scenes of us in our rgs and vjc uniforms, going to cell grp meetings. I recalled our times with the ex-cell grp in CHC indeed! HY is my fruit because I was the one who brought her to church in sec 4! Since then we have grown together in the faith, and recently I've seen her faith grow so much and I'm truly encouraged. So yup, as we sang of God's goodness, I was very touched! And reminded of His presence with us from 13 years ago up to this very present moment.

It was nice on Friday doing pampering stuffs for myself. :P Heh. i.e. finding bags and accessories to match my clothes, going for manicure with HY and doing up my hair. The price to pay for vanity! Couldn't sleep well the whole night cos of the clips all over my hair. In a sense I enjoyed the luxury of spending time on this one thing and setting apart time for her wedding prep and the wedding day itself.

Managed to finish Edmund Chan's Growing Deep in God. In the book, he says we must simplify priorities. I found it hard to list down my priorities! God, family, ministry? How abt the poor, the marginalised and oppressed! How urgent are these matters? The answer really is...we can only serve out of intimacy and relationship with God. So I guess that is of priority. And I pray that in the new year, I've lots of time to do that. I don't want to rush here and there with a million tasks to complete!

No comments: