Thursday, December 25, 2008

Christmas :)

thankful for Christmas, the day that God sent us the greatest gift of His Love. :) Thankful for Jesus who came to save us.


This Christmas I am happy that one of my secondary sch frens, whom I've know since I was 15 prayed to receive Christ in church. It was a touching moment, walking with her down to the altar. She's fr my clique in sec sch, and since I became a Christian at 16, I've been praying for her and a few others, and have invited some of them to church before. Though this year's church drama was not like the musical dramas at CHC, it was very thought provoking, and I liked it. I liked the sermon too, peace beyond all fears; strength beyond all sorrows; love beyond all failures. It didn't promise blue skies after we became christians, but promised God's peace, strength and love amidst all our troubles. :)
Pastor Tony shared of the goose story, i.e. a man wanted to direct some hungry and cold geese into the barn for shelter, but they flew all over the place instead of into the barn. And in the end he had to carry his own goose on his shoulder, and run into the barn with the goose, before the geese flew in together. At that moment, he said he wished he could be a goose to speak to them and bring them to shelter earlier. Our God is constantly trying to reach out and speak to us. And His best gift was to send His most precious son to earth. He is a God who understands our failures, pain, fears.

-------------

Had a packed day yesterday. :) Went to the gym, and had lunch with my gym instructor. It was interesting meal over fish bee hoon, cos we come from such different backgrounds and usually only communicated in the gym.
After that I went with HY to her bridal studio to pick up her dress and my bridesmaid dress. She looked beautiful in her wedding gown. And I'm so happy for her & Shane!





After the dress, I met Delia for tea. Delia is a teacher/officer from GB, and we got connected cos she brought her sch girls to Cambodia on a trip this year! I really liked her enthusiasm, care for the girls, and love for God. Towards the end of the conversation, I asked what church she was fr. To my amazement, she has been coming to CEFC for the past few months. :) Recently I've been meeting to many CEFCers and seeing a certain kind of ple who flock to the church. Tkful for the time of sharing.


Ended the day at my uncle's house for Christmas dinner. Gosh my cousins have all grown up! Going into JC, Uni etc, and dressing so funky. Teased one cousin that he looked like JJ Lin with his cap.

---------------------------
In search of that perfect wedding dress (Bridesmaid!)....

Looked ard the shopping centres and couldn't find any that made me go Aha! This is the one. Though not a exact parallel, but some resemblance to finding the other half. Not abt finding one who is perfect, but one who fits in the way he is supposed to fit.
Next year looks pretty challenging at work as well. Prayed and shared my anxieties with God. As I shared earlier, I wish for someone to walk with me this journey. But I'm thankful for a place of intimacy between Him and me. And for new friends that I've gotten to know. They have been such a blessing.
-------------------------------

2 comments:

yeu@nn said...

Blessed (belated) Christmas, sis! :) wow, thank God ur friend received Christ... thank God for your faithfulness... haha been reaching out to and praying for my friend for 3 years... so am encouraged by what you wrote, sis!

Lois said...

hey yeuann!
I had not been regularly praying for my friend, but I think quite a few of her friends must have been! :) Anyway I think God is faithful and desires for all to know Him....