Saturday, December 01, 2007

Beautiful in His time

I'm pretty groggy now, spent the night at our new house which is already furnished with mattresses and some furniture from the previous owner. :) Yes it is a beautiful house that my dad bought and we have just been given the keys! We are contemplating whether to move there, but most likely we will. The terrace house is quiet, and spacious, and I get my own room! =) Thank God for His providence. This house is somehow like a dream house I imagined myself to stay in when I was younger! Yet it comes as a dilemma, for I know if I were to purchase a house, I would purchase a simple flat. Knowing that millions out there have not even a roof over their heads, and yet I'm comfortable and snug in my big house. I don't know what to say, except to give thanks, and to pray that I may make my own life count and be a good steward of my finances- and possibly my parents' finances in the future.

Anyhow, I am looking forward to having my own room. A cosy room where I can decorate as I like. My own space. And also the third floor has a opened air corner and a little swing, where I can imagine myself praying, looking into the sky, and reflecting!

Spent a good lots of time this morning with my family, and brought them to Eighteen Chefs. It is a social enteprise founded by Benny Setoh, an ex-offender and my friend! ;) Got to know him through Pastor Don (the pastor whom I went to Indonesia with). Before he started the restaurant, I met him a few times to discuss the business plan. Heh. But in the end, I wasn't involved in the founding of the restaurant. If you are familiar with Jaime Oliver's Fifteen restaurant, Jaime picks up street kids and trains them to be chefs. Benny also hopes to do the same thing, to set up a cooking school to train up ex-offenders/street kids, equip them with skills and yes, inspire them with new hope for the future. Anyhow I was glad- never thought it would happen- that my parents came with me to dine at the place, and got to talk to Benny as well. Yay. =) It is part of opening and sharing my life with them I guess.

And so....He makes all things beautiful in His time. We talked abt jobs as well, and dad seems to have softened his stance on me working in a non-profit. I am so thankful. I see a light.

Along the topic of wayward youths, had dinner with a ex church mate last night. And as she was telling me abt the things that had been going on at home, and with her cousins, I almost wanted to cry. I am glad to have the opportunity to hear her stories. Too sheltered....really too sheltered. In my circle of friends, people with relatively stable families, well educated.... Yet in the same country Singapore, people going through multiple abortions, family abuse using choppers and knives. And I'm like...why? I'm like...God, show me more of this, but protect my heart. Let it be soft always. Let it beat with yr heartbeat. And I pray that the christian community may live in a way that is Christ-like, lifting our eyes above our problems, to look upwards, and to look outwards.

And so...it is a good ending to the year. :) I know the next year will be a fresh start. Like Peter being restored by Jesus after he had betrayed Him, this almost feels like it. I don't know if I've betrayed Him, but I know I felt I've failed in many ways. And Fel sharing her testimony at church greatly encouraged me, almost like God gave me a good fruit and reinstated me. Yes, to serve Him again. To have the courage to minister again. :)

No comments: