Monday, October 29, 2007

Hidden in Christ

Tmr I am on a half day morning leave! It somehow feels that the past few posts have been ramblings...either I've been too tired or was unable to adequately express my thoughts.

I've been thinking abt my thought process, and why sometimes I feel miserable in spite of serving in many areas and doing the best that I can to be a christian. Whenever I encounter a problem, the immediate thought is I am not good enough, I've done something wrong, that's why I failed. Nowadays, whenever I encounter challenges, I try and correct my thinking, to know that Jesus indeed promised trials and tribulations and hard grounds when we seek His purposes, and I shd press on to His highest calling.

I've been thinking a lot about my previous cell groups, esp N272, the youth group that I led. I think back in thankfulness for every single one of the members. And I know there was a special purpose that God placed these guys/gals under my care. Cos I can identify with many of the emotional issues that they faced, and these issues are tricky. They require loads of grace, truth and time to overcome. Yet, have we given ourselves enough grace & time, or have we just focused on the truth and sought for victory over the circumstances?

At the end of the day I realise it is not because I don't believe in God enough, it is because I don't believe in myself enough. I need to believe that God can use me, I am loved by Him no matter how I have performed.

William Carrey said, "Attempt great things for God, expect great things from God."

I don't really like to quantify "great", cos I know in the most humblest of circumstances, that is the highest calling. How many people have obeyed God's call, and yet remain unknown in some slum area where they dedicate themselves to be faithful in what the Lord has for them? Yet, in the mixture of humility & brokenness, that's the irony, whereby we can be great, and expect great things fr God, because we realise that it was never about ourselves, all along about God who is the author and finisher of our faith.

Dear God, I am expecting great things from You. I won't give up in spite of how I feel trapped in my present circumstances. I pray for my family, my work place, my relationships. May You be in control of them. When I go through all challenges for Your name's sake, pls lead me and comfort me with Your loving presence. I pray for my brothers and sisters reading this post, that You will also encourage them to press on to the highest calling in You. Indeed God, we have died to ourselves, and our lives are hidden in You. Help us to know the truth, take away every spiritual blindness. Thank You Lord, In Jesus name I pray, Amen.

No comments: