Thursday, October 11, 2007

Taking joy in the climb

This week has been a tough week but thank God that tmr is Friday! :) I'm so blessed by reminders of His goodness. Esp had a good catching up time of dinner with J and E, reminiscing the days of our lives. Thanks gals! And yest's lunch with C was also good. Its so good to be able to share lives!

I'm out of my comfort zone for the past couple of days, and for the next 2-3 mths, it looks pretty heavy going. At the start of the week I was pretty depressed and stressed out, and couldn't sleep well. Just feeling rather tensed up and uncertain about what's ahead. Not too hopeful either of where this seemingly steep mountain would reach a plateau where I can rest and dance a bit. But thankfully during the climb, His grace was ever sufficient with the chirping of birds and some beautiful flowers. Almost like He is saying, slow down and climb and enjoy the climb! I am with you, holding on to your hand tightly.

Really wondering when I will reach the plateau to receive my heart's desire. However He seems to be saying that the process is more impt than the end goal. Learning I guess. to be His disciple everyday, to take up the cross, to be joyful, to learn to delight in Him. I pray that His grace will continue to be sufficient for me through the busy work week, facing giants of intimidation and fears.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello..
that was so well-put - "giants of fear and intimidation". :)
yes, i realise that life is meaningless without goals, and career + money shd be a means to sth, and not an end in itself.

Anws, it was really good talking with jac and u. :) It's always nice to chat with friends who think alike. such discussions r increasingly rare for me, and is sth i can never carry on with pple at wk. =7

will pray for u! *hug

Lois said...

hey gal. Yup it was good catching up and sharing! :) Nice place too. Will pray for u too. HUGS!

Anonymous said...

Feel often like what you have described too. I like the way u described it all :)

Why out of comfort zone? Tough challenges coming up at work?..

Lois said...

hello..yup been quite stretched at work. :) Out of comfort zone! U take care too.