Friday, October 26, 2007

Little acts of kindness

Went to watch a movie with my cell yesterday! It was Rendition. Except for a few vague scenes I saw on the TV mobile on my way home, seriously I had no idea what this show was all about. It was amazingly much more thought provoking but also disturbing than I thought it would be. For one, I kept wanting to throw my shoes at the guys torturing the terrorist suspect, stripping him of all his clothes and treating him like an animal. Such a loss of human rights! And also those muslim extremies and the wrong doctrine they hold about sacrificing their lives to kill others being pleasing to God. Yet, the very law enforcers who seek to wipe out terrorism, apply brutality on the extremists, the very same thing that they are trying to prevent. How ironic. And such a vicious cycle. Sigh, such a depressing and disturbing sight.

I often hold this thought, when I freeze and think, hmm..could someone be experiencing something brutal at the same moment as I am eating/sleeping/watching TV? I believe every hr someone is dying or experiencing some kind of injustice. And the thought is just unbearable. There's nothing much I can do to help them except to pray for them. Ahhh...Yah, and contribute my one starfish at a time worth of helping. One day, when God will wipe away every tear in the eye, and His peace will be established in the world. Meanwhile, each day, walking with Christ, we can bring a little more light to the places around us, a little more of His kingdom through our little acts of kindness. :)

I've been rather tired at work of late. But somehow I have a better grasp of some of the things I was struggling with, so it is pretty good. Giving thanks for that. :) Thank God also for friendships that He has blessed me with. Pray that I may continue to walk in thanksgiving.

No comments: