Friday, February 09, 2007

Visits to developing places

I will be going to Balai, Indonesia for a one day trip on Monday! :) Quite a spontaneous, last minute arrangement to follow Pastor Don and his team there. He goes there every fortnight for the prisons ministry. I'm looking forward to it, being exposed to new ideas and surroundings, and being able to learn from Pastor Don! HY is coming with me. Again, thank God for such a good friend who enjoys exploring new things like me...who is spontaneous and adventurous enough to accompany me.
There's 2 acres of land there that Don hopes to expand into a fish farm or other social enterprises. Yups...One step closer to my dream...One step more, one step more...Yup, gotto keep my heart close to where it matters...living in the first world with my heart in the third world.

Received a World Vision email just now, inviting sponsors to go on a visit to Lesotho to visit their sponsored child! Sounds like a good opportunity to visit South Africa. :)

Been feeling much hopeful these days. I really enjoy my new job scope much more too, get to learn interesting new things in the financial sector and much more freedom to arrange my time and job scope. It is also a new start of serving at church. Tmr will be going to a church retreat, I've been asked to serve in some areas. The one that touches my heart most is the outreach and missions area. But also know that this year, even though there may be a 101 activities that I will plant myself in, I need this restfulness. This r/s with my Father who is the one who builds the house.

Lifesong
Artist: Casting Crowns

Empty hands held high
Such small sacrifice
If not joined with my life
I sing in vain tonight

May the words I say
And the things I do
Make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to You

Chorus:
Let my lifesong sing to You
Let my lifesong sing to You
I want to sign your name to the end of this day
Knowing that my heart was true
Let my lifesong sing to You

Lord, I give my life
A living sacrafice
To reach a world in need
To be Your hands and feet

So may the words I say
And the things I do make my lifesong sing
Bring a smile to you

Hallelujah
Hallelujah
Let my lifesong sing to You

No comments: