Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Suffering and Joy

I woke up this morning at 655am, which is rare, cos normally when the alarm blasts at 7am, I would still be in deep sleep. I dreamt a very weird dream, I dreamt of my grandma..and we, her grandchildren were clamouring around her. And then I was showing my cousins some photos...think wanted to show them a picture of my bf taken with the family. Strange dream. SIgh, my grandma already passed away few years ago.
Not sure if this dream was meant for anything. If anything, I think it speaks of treasuring yr loved ones.

Been reading up some christian books. I am currently reading a book by John Piper, "Desiring God". Its an interesting book, cos it provides a different perspective. It says that we bring the most glory to God when we are satisfied in Him (or smthing like that...I'm paraphrasing). He calls himself a "christian Hedonist". heh..sounds strange, but as I read more, I realised what he meant. Anyway these days, I finally understand what it means to serve out of a position of rest. That was wat Paul (my fren fr VCF) prayed for me 2 years ago. Paul (fr bible), says that he is hard pressed on every side, and yet he knows that nothing can separate him fr the love of God. Paul poured out his life in serving God..thru trials, tribulations, testings, imprisonments, and yet surely he also felt joy in his heart. How do we as christians reconcile joy and suffering together? Piper said elsewhere that we might be filled with burden for the ple we are serving but yet looking in macro perspective and God's wonderful work, our hearts are also filled with a joy.

This seems like a series of thoughts all over. Okie time for work. YAWN..not enuff sleep...sob sob. Hard pressed on every side. But like Paul, may I (and you) be filled with joy and the love of God. The Father's love. My Abba Father. Knowing that He cares for me.

No comments: