Monday, August 15, 2005

SE Forum 2005



Heiz

SE Forum 2005 has successfully ended! =)
The registration was a mess at the start, but eventually everything went smoothly. Thank God for that...
Yay! End of my days of sleeping at 1am doing SE work!! =P No more endless meetings on saturday. No more discretely replying SE emails and making phone calls in company.
Most of all, I pursued my dream. People may call me crazy for taking 2 days off from work, and spending the last 10 months doing this forum, but I'm HAPPY! What a great joy to be able to see people coming together for the forum, and hopefully getting their minds to think beyond their normal daily lives, and to know that there are equally passionate people around.

We went to Goshen Restaurant after our forum, which is opened and runned by ex-inmates and drug addicts. The food was superb! Yummy! Chilli crab and prawns, and beancurd.

These pics consists of the bulk of our team-about 20 people.

We got off to a shakey start. Remember that the person who was supposed to head it decided to quit. Nobody could lead while Andrew went to Germany. And I told Andrew that I will help him lead while he was at Germany. We would co-lead. However, things went downhill as the committee was made up of a group of individuals who were great ple, and yet busy with our own commitments. And it was so difficult to drive the whole thing. It was also hard to communicate with Andrew while he was away in Germany. ANd also...to balance it up with my other commitments. I think Eu would recall the times that I spent whining to her.


We couldn't get any sponsors...and time was ticking pass..This feeling of helplessness, being trapped in a role I was not adequate to fulfill got on me day and nite. When A came back,he implemented many changes and also recruited his frens to join us. And so..yeah in the end everything turned out fine, and its a great ending to this story!

Thank You God for seeing me through, and it has made me stronger indeed. => Thank you so so much.



This was taken at Andrew's hse with the foreign speakers. Anil (Nepal), Sinee(Thailand) and Pamela (Switzerland)

They are extremely kind ple. We went to the Asian Civilisation Museum on Sunday, and then we went to A's hse, and his mum cooked for us. It was a very heavy dinner cos we were taking abt politics, charity, entrepreneurs...
Sinee bought me cookies from Thailand! So sweet of her. And I kept hugging them as we parted. So sad to leave them.

Sunday we had a GREAT service.
God: Would you love me unconditionally, and worship me even if....

XJ: Yes God, I would.

Tears kept flowing, and I finally learn wat is the sacrifice of praise. It is worshipping, praising, and loving unconditionally. The Holy SPirit showed me the "ifs"..things that I've been praying for, that have not come to past. These things have been getting me really down. But as I said Yes to God, I felt the reassuring presence of the Holy Spirit, His gentleness and His love.. His loving touch that no human can replace.

Finally a rest and a break for me. Tmr I'm back to work!! Early in the morning. The continual of another marathon, another day, another story.

I will like to say that, it is better always to try something and fail it, then never try anything at all.

Anil gave this analogy: The difference between a big candle and a light bulb. U can improve on a candle and make it last longer, but the light bulb is a whole new thing. A social entrepreneur is someone like that. He invents and recreates. Not improves on smthing... If u wanna wait for the perfect timing, never. Just do it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As i was walking through UCC and bumping into some of the 20 that day, thought i knew q a number of them at seperate times.. Q interesting to put these nice pple tog to do a forum.. Must be q a fun experience.. and worth the intense/hard work...:P I would have liked to join in.. heh..

eh...mm.. u din realli whine to me..;P

Anonymous said...

erm?.. what's that whole chunk up there?
is this the kind of work that u do?.. mm....*curious.q interesting to know..