Tuesday, August 09, 2005

hieyz

Heys...
Just came back from east coast beach...and had a very mama drama time today. Super tired, with sun burn, but I enjoyed the cycling. =>
Dropped my hp while teaching someone cycling, and then called the person using EY's hp..and then an uncle picked the call. He was about 4 bustops away from us, at the marine parade police post, and I cycled there, while EY jogged with me. Along the way, EY and I got separated, and so I went ahead....had to push the bike thru the underpass, and after coming out of ECP, cycled on the bumpy pavements, avoiding cars and pedestrians. Was a little scary la...but also a little fun going pass the lamp posts and squeezing thru pavements.

Thank God that EY got there ahead and took my hp for me!

Super tired, got a bad sunburn.

Glad we had BBQ, and fellowshipped today.

I watched The Island on sat, and it was interesting show....abt clonning..futuristic film, but nevetheless very realistic. ENjoyed it tremendously, plus the company was good. Went for a drink after that..and just chilled out, listening to the live band. =>

Friday and Sunday nites went for FOP=festival of praise. Had a good time worshipping and praising God, and jumping and dancing. It was very very good, very joyful, and I loved the last nite's message by Rev Colin Dye. He talked abt having authority in Christ. How true. I never saw my fave character Moses in that light. I like Exodus very very much. One of my fave books in the bible.

Yups...
has been very fruitful, and this sat is my SE forum!! Yeah.Things have been going on smoothly. And Andrew has been fighting lotsa arrows in the forefront. =) The committee is also freed up now to help out. SO thats really good la...
However also pretty busy...
Guess I can't give my all to it for now cos of work and church commitments. Feel very stretched, being pulled on all sides.
Dad fell ill yesterday nite, and I wasn't there for him. Got home at 1230am...after sitting at esplanade talking to Qifen who was just back from London..she's been staying there for 7 years. Not met her for 5 years at least. And she has very interesting ideas abt freedom of speech and civilisation. So was really good..
yah back to the topic, reached home late..and my dad was sitting out on the sofa at 1plus am..thot he was just tinking abt life, or praying. I din even bother asking! To my horror this morning, heard he went hospital for a checkup cos he had chest and back pain. And doc said he got a virus attack. How? :(
This morning still went to ECP with cg, and mum said...you and ur sis, only care abt urself! Ofcos in the end she was nice and everything, cooked porridge for me, and then yups...really nice. And I hope that after sat's forum, i can spend more time with them.

Yah..and supposedly have a "hard deadline" for my work on the 12th. HEh..but 12th I am taking off for forum.
Just not being very focused here. In the midst of all these thank God always for being there. REally really..when we are weak He is STRONG, and those moments listening to worship cds, seeking Him, His presence, are really times that rejuvenate me.
I need a quiet heart to hear. And perhaps I need to dispose of some of the baggages and non-essentials in my life, and find the thing that matters most. And that is my calling to know God..calling to be still, to fellowship with Him.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

harro..
ya.. it's been awhile since i've read abt ur family here.. =7
but i was wondering after reading this post.. what is there that u can possibly trim from ur life?
i mean..it's not like u've been spending ur time v.frivolously. o well.. i'm glad ur se forum will b over soon..cos it means u won't b feel so stretched/guilty. :)
all the best for this sat! i'll pray for u. ^_^

Anonymous said...

:) You have done v well multi-tasking/juggling, already...
(some frens I know can't even be a cgl and work full time at the same time and had to drop the former)

how's ur dad? What virus?

Maybe rest a while after SE before taking on any other big fat project/responsibility liao..:P 2-page resume also no space to fill..

Jia you on Sat! work so hard, will pay off, must be one great, meaningful conference..:)
Rest well.. no marathon! sleep early for tmw since woke up at 6am today.:p

Lois said...

harlo dears..really thank u for ur encouragement. =) Its my blessing to have ur support. Sorrie tat I haven't been able to spend time with u all cos of all the commitments.
Dad still not very well..sighz..do keep him in prayer. thanks so much!

Anonymous said...

...=)
Heh.. thought the forum went fine.. had fun...(but also cos of the company..hee):P What you think?..
Sorry didn't get to talk to u much...:/
Feel lighter now after the forum?

hehe... it's ok.. and bz watching The Island and listening to outdoor concerts at Esplanade? ;P
hee..
When u free next week ah? Maybe can gather the crowd..:P

Bring convo gown.. we can take picts! hee..
(nice mah.. since we grad together..:i Spinky thinks so too..!)

Ok I will... so long already still not well?..
mm..Flu virus?....