Saturday, June 04, 2005

Super very tired......
eyes half closed
Mind...a bleary..hehe....

20 And when he came to the den, he cried out with a lamenting voice to Daniel. The king spoke, saying to Daniel, "Daniel, servant of the living God, has your God, whom you serve continually, been able to deliver you from the lions?" 21 Then Daniel said to the king, "O king, live forever! 22 My God sent His angel and shut the lions' mouths, so that they have not hurt me, because I was found innocent before Him; and also, O king, I have done no wrong before you." Daniel 6:20-23

God's protection over me..and His wonderful blessings.
My testimony of the 4 years He has brought me thru uni.
Some of u read it liao la..

Testimony
When my friend from Bizad asked me to give a testimony, I decided to write my own anyway. It wouldn’t do God justice if I didn’t share about how He has blessed me throughout my 4 years in Bizad. Some people may say that I am smart. That I am in honours because of my abilities. I don’t think so. I think that I am really blessed.

Orientation and First Year
My first contact with Bizad people was during the Orientation camp. I joined the camp alone, but with the intention of reaching out to people in the camp. It was lonely actually, because people all came in cliques. But I thank God that I managed to make some friends, and up till today we still greet each other when we see each other. In my first year, it was really lonely in school too because uni is unlike JC, where people moved from class to class, and you have classmates to help you and your familiar set of friends. In uni it is like to each his own. Projects are done with excellence and competition is high. I stayed in PGP (hostel) for the first sem. I didn’t cope well. Thank God He brought into my life the people from Varsity Christian Fellowship. I have a lot to thank for my dear seniors who made my stay so lovely. Darryl, my senior, would call me frequently to ask me how I was coping in school. I joined a VCF CG.

I had my first taste of presentation. When I presented, it was the most horrible time. I can still remember, M&O class. When I stood in front of the class, I didn’t bring a script..my mistake, and my voice trembled, my paper shook too! And then I forgot all that I was supposed to say. I was upset and very angry with myself. And Lizhen, another VCF senior, who stayed in PGP too, was very comforting. We prayed together, sitting by the fountain and rocks at PGP. And she encouraged me that I would get used to presentations. At the same time, the church was doing a series on Self Esteem. Loving yourself and others. I realised that I knew in my head that God loved me, but I didn’t know in my heart. I didn’t believe that I deserved to be loved. I was always angry with myself. This was the time where healing came, and I realised how God valued me as an individual, and that no longer was I condemned.
I joined other activities throughout my year 1 days too. From night cycling to stardust to mooncake to Vday activities. It was fun. Got to know many people.
I got back my first set of results and I got a 3.8. I was devastated. I mean, it is not as bad, but I was used to getting As in JC, and then now..a B average. I needed a 4 to get into honours. God gave me a verse. He said, forgetting those things that are behind, reaching forward to those things that are ahead, I press on toward the upward call of God. I meditated on God’s verse day and night, and I improved in my next semester’s results. I overcame my fear of presentations.

Being VCF Bizad Chair
As I was about to come to Year 2, VCF needed a chair in Bizad. The seniors approached me. I remember there and then I wondered whether to take it on or not, because I was involved in church and my vision was to be a cgl in church. I asked my cgl, she asked me to pray about it. One of the nights, I met Chai Hwa, VCF worker. I told him about my reservations, and I said I was more keen on serving in my church. Chai Hwa said, the whole body of Christ is your family, and VCF members are your brothers and sisters. The word convicted me. I took up the position. During those times it was discouraging. Why? Cos the numbers that joined were small. I was upset! I didn’t see the revivals that I saw in visions and dreams. I realised that I was also not really equipped to be a good leader. One night, Paul, law chair, prayed for me. He gave me a word. He said..God says that you must serve out of a position of rest. And the presence of God was so strong that I cried! Then we had book of Samuel bible studies. Pastor talked about partial obedience is disobedience. He mentioned Saul. I thought of myself, and I realised that I wasn’t serving in God’s grace. I was worrying, becoming carnal. Following week I got the leaders to pray. In the library, when we prayed, me Jeffrey Yeemmei, I felt the Holy Spirit so strong. People were coming back to Him.
In that semester I served as Chair, I got into the Deans list with a cap of 4.7. God encouraged me greatly. Not that I sought the cap..it just came as a by product. It came as an encouragement.

Revival in Bizad
I decided that I was not equipped to be a leader. I stepped down from VCF after serving for a year. I got trained in cell group in church. In my spirit though there is still a love for the school, I pray that revival will come. The image of hearts coming unto the Lord..the image of people crying..and humbled before God. Paul became the chairman of VCF this year. Paul spoke of how the Holy Spirit moved during VCF camp (July 2004). People were crying. One guy was so touched, he went to the toilet, and when Paul went to find him an hour later, he was still crying. Paul told me, you know the revival that we prayed for 2 years ago? It has come! I pray the move comes to Bizad. It comes to touch us too. I can see that God is raising up a new generation of people in Bizad, and how we came together just last sem to pray for our faculty. People like Huiling, weijye, derrick, garrett etc etc. Wow. Awesome.
During my 4 years in biz, I brought a brother to church. I knew him through orientation camp. He came for about a year, and then he left. I pray that God will draw him back again. The seed will remain. I pray that I have been sensitive enough to invite the people around me. The days filled with projects deadlines and reports and tests are still vivid to me. There was no rest. Hardly any TV. Late nights of sleep, in which u must pray for God to give you strength to sustain you. To give you a heart of compassion. To be filled with His joy, and His love. To see what He sees, to value what He values. The Lord also knows times when I strayed, times when I was discouraged, didn’t do well. Times when I was prideful, trying to do everything by my own strength. Needless to say, not relying on Him and not serving from a position of rest.

Inward Growth
I became a cgl in church in april 2004. It was also a period of much trials, testings, temptations, loneliness. When people are out shopping, chatting and eating, you gotto be disciplined and focused. Lunch was sometimes a sandwich or a pau or fishballs. But thank God for the many friends that He brought me! Always up and down the corridors, there were warm smiles and friendly greetings! Yes, He does bring good friends to spur you on. Of course there was this part that was lonely in the soul too. You are focused on the Lord, but people around you may not understand. But it was also a time whereby I was broken. When the Lord showed the true motivations of my heart for serving Him! But it was also during this period that He became intimate with me, and my faith in Him grew. God is faithful. Wait for the caller to call you. What is the true calling? A calling is NOT just about a calling to ministry. God’s primary calling for us, is to draw near to Him. Amen.
Last of all, it is possible to serve God, be active in school, and do well in school! All through faith and His amazing grace! Praise the Lord.  These 4 years have been tremendous years of moulding and building.
I’m currently doing my thesis. My professors are very busy and have not been replying me. I know I need their guidance. Meanwhile I have to do this step by step and pray for God’s wisdom. I am sharing this here because I have no doubt that He will bring me through. I put my trust in Him. Amen.

No comments: