Friday, August 28, 2009

Birthday Wishes

My Birthday came and went...some people say that as they get older, bdays seem to mean less, i.e. its just another day. Maybe I haven't grown that old yet, I still think that birthdays are special!
But I really did catch on something this year. I had meals with some of my closest friends separately. These were very blessed times. I realise, it is not about the number of friends you have, what matters is having a few friends who believe in you.
It has been tremendously encouraging reading cards from these few, and sms texts. They really make me feel like I'm worth a million dollars, and that I'm the nicest friend on earth.

I spent my birthday with all the people who meant loads to me. What was most meaningful was sitting at the East Coast Beach for an hour, on a date with God. =) Listening to the waves, praying, and singing to Him...and Him singing over me. ;)
I'm incredibly grateful to the few friends who mean a lot to me. U all know who u are. And yes, for my family.

Surprised that my volunteer bought me a cake during a meeting this week. Its been nice having co-laborers to serve God together with. And her husband, a Pastor, prayed for me from Psalms 1- that I would Fear Not, and be fruitful in Him. Amen and amen.

Believe that this is a new season whereby God is birthing new things in me, in the ministry etc. I need to have faith to believe in Him, to know who God really is.

Oh and finally, my birthday wish is World Peace.
And more...shh..
its a secret. ;)

1 comment:

janaie said...

Good to know u had a special bdae :)It's the nicest thing on earth to be able to spend it with all the pple who mean loads to us. (Altho, haha... actu im not that sure who u are refering to leh... ;))