Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Anniversary dinner!

I went for the anniversary dinner on Sunday night for The New Charis Missions. I had written about it some time ago.
This is one of my favourite ministries, because it resonnates so much with my heart, and I feel with God's heartbeat. That He is the God of 2nd chances, and more than that - 3rd, 4th, 5th, until we come back to Him.
You see big burly men with tattoos, or thin frail ones, with a past of drug addictions/ offenders. You see them worshipping God, praying and playing lovely music. You realise that we are linked inextricably - hanging on God's grace, His mercy and His love =).
Its amazing!

It was interesting...explaining to my new found friend at the anniversary dinner how I knew about TNCM. Thank God for good conversation! First MCYS Social enterprise, then how it led to thesis, and me trying to do some business consultancy work for High Pt, and finally TNCM, and going to Indonesia with them to explore SE opportunities. Yea, travelled alone with a grp of people I don't know to indonesia, but I loved it there, and enjoyed being amongst them. And maybe...yea...I thought of my life journey, and what a journey it has been!

And went for Officers Retreat over weekend at Johor (i.e. a retreat for volunteers with us), and I was reminded of how last year and this year has changed. Aunty told me that I have improved a lot since last year, and this year really I am a bit more savvy. And more aware of my surroundings, more wise. And there's new staff in the office I can hang out and pray with.
Write the Vision....though it tarry, it would come to pass.....

No comments: