Saturday, May 10, 2008

Updates on work!

In the office right now! We have to work on satudays but off on mondays. I can think of some plus and minus points for such an arrangement! But anyway it is not something I have control over. ;) The week feels a little short, cos saturday doesn't exactly feel like a working day. Plus I heard on Sat they usually have events going on. So yes, time passes. In my new job, I am even more conscious of how I spend my time, because I know my salary comes from donations. And so I try not to slack too much. ;) However, for the first one week I have been here, I've not been too busy. Just been reading up on documentations on projects, compiling it into a spreadsheet summary. Starting to follow-up on some issues here and there. Basically the time has been good, as I also surf into sites that introduce Cambodia, and also sites of various NGOs in Cambodia or other places. It has been encouraging, inspiring and uplifting to hear of such stories. At the same time, heart wrenching to look at photos and to read into Cambodia's history. If u have time, look at photos here: http://www.julian.li/cambodia/
They grabbed my heart big time. ;p

Yup, and so it has not always been good, there were also low periods. Shan't elaborate here. Its just been a little difficult cos of the transition. Most of it does not have to do with external influences, but more of my expectations about things, and adapting to a new environment. I'm learning learning...

I'm looking forward to next week because I will be going to Cambodia to visit the various projects and ministries there. I am really super excited. Will share photos when I'm back. =) I hate to take aeroplanes tho. ;p

Seee u!
I'm *zonked out*! ;o

No comments: