Monday, May 19, 2008

Lovely faces in the crowd

Hello! I'm back from Cambodia! :)
This won't be a long post cos I've got loads of stuffs to do! Woke up today, unpacked my stuffs, uploaded photos to the comp, went for lunch & groceries with parents, and then slept....and my gosh! By the time I woke up it was almost 6pm. I am so tired!

Since the nature of my trip this time was slightly different, not really missions, but more so to view the projs & needs there, it did feel different. And shall not elaborate here, but faced some challenges. Nevertheless, I think it is good time for me to toughen up and not be overly sensitive over things. I feel a mixture of being overwhelmed, and yet a deep sense of excitement at the potential of the diff projects! I'm kind of looking forward to work tmr. :)

Its also weird when passion & work mix together, cos now as I am at home, looking at photos and reflecting, some of the reflections are related to work too. So in that sense, also need to ensure that I do set apart time to rest!

This time after reading books and learning abt missions, I actually intentionally spoke to the missionaries there, and tried to encourage them. It is impt cos they are like the unsung heros that are forgotten. Whenver teams go, they just do their ministry and treat the missionary like a travel agent or something- who plans itinery for them. Very bad!

Again, I was touched by little children playing and singing songs (some worship and praise songs too!), and remembered the verse where Jesus asked us not to stop little children from coming into His kingdom. This poverty of the spirit, and purity of heart, certainly blessed my heart a lot. And the glory of God! Singing songs in diff languages to Him. =) My only fear is that these little children become nameless faces to us. We took numerous photos of the kids. Sometimes it felt like tourism. I have a desire to get to know individuals- their names, their likes and dislikes, their hobbies, their passions etc etc. Which I know at my level I will perhaps not be able to do it. But really, I think a sponsorship program may be up soon, and we can link up sponsors to individual children, which would be really so meaningful.

We visited the slums, the villagers by the river, an island, and also the pdn centre- whereby women are trained to sew and weave to produce lovely bags. Oh yes, I bought a bag for myself. :) Its really lovely! If u are interested, u may also come by my office to get the bags. http://www.villageworks.com/product/our_product.html

I don't think I will share that much on the projs that we are doing here! Due to it being work. But if u are interested, do catch me offline!

Cheerios..

2 photos of individual children who were more than a crowd.


Boy sharing biscuit with his brother. :) From the way they ate the sweet treats, I knew that they hardly had opportunities to eat biscuits and sweets. I loved the simplicity and the sweet spirit there.




Girl who gave me her coloured drawing. :)

No comments: