Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Bitter- Sweet Beginnings

Thought I would just update a bit of how work has been! Today was my third day of work. I don't work on Mondays, but have to work on Saturdays. :)

Work has been bitter-sweet, or sweet-bitter? The good thing really is I am surrounded everyday by projects that are close to my heart, GB has a presence in schools, orphanages, slums, dumpsites etc. And I feel blessed reading the documentation thus far. ;p Also, GB is located away from the maddening crowd. The low-rise housing against the blue sky is idyllic. Makes one take a step back to appreciate life. Everyday I eat low priced food like prawn mee, teochew porridge, you mian. Which is unlike in my old work place whereby we go to cafes and restaurants q frequently. Haha. Is that good or bad? U guess? :P It helps to save money, makes me full, and I guess weekends I can look forward to richer meals.

The more challenging part is to adjust to the culture in a social org. There's a lot of things going on, and documentation is not wonderful. Have to sieve through many emails to find out the history, and also, people are too busy to teach me. So that gets a bit challenging. Plus it takes slightly more than an hr for me to get to work. So it is pretty tiring. Have to pray for God to guard my heart and to grant me strength.

haha..so here goes...this whiney little girl...who shd be counting her blessings. ;P Update again soon!

No comments: