Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Surprised by joy

I'm in the last days at my company, Friday is my last day of work. Yesterday, I experienced the same joy that griped my heart at Balai. Fellowshipping with the people from Healthserve and just being there, in the heart of geylang, amongst the people whom God loves, made me very happy. I am deeply touched by the sacrifices and love of these people towards the marginalized. And I am encouraged by being in fellowship with them! Managed to visit the clinic with Shar yest. And stood in the clinic as Des examined his patient, and it was actually part counseling cos the patient had some sort of psychological problem that he was ill. Talked to the founders too, and heard stories of people who walked the streets to pray and befriend people there for 1 year or 2 years. So u have the singapore version of Hedi Baker. Hee.

Ya, so this warm feeling in my heart lasted all the way from last night until today. And its a confirmation from God what truly makes me joyful. =) And so I leave my company feeling full of assurance, peace, joy and anticipation at what lies ahead. The joy that is worth more than a million dollars. In the words of a fren who works in an NGO, "You must have taken a huge paycut but you know what, it's all worth it. I know."

I feel like this is a season of fruitfulness for me. I've been really busy these few days, but I find a sense of purpose and feel like I've walked out of that valley of darkness. In a way, surprised by this joy that I am experiencing. Church has been fruitful, with loads of activities coming up for the young adult ministry. And other then that, also met a chinese gal and am hoping to give her bible studies. There's also testimony sharing this sunday at the prayer meeting on the Breakthrough weekend. And tmr, I will be sharing at my company CF about the past 3 years at GIC. :)

Well basically, life is full of possibilities now. Meeting loads of like-minded people and hearing about lots of good things that ple are doing. And I believe God-inspired things. I now have a renewed sense of the importance of prayer, because it is God who is the source of love, and He is the one who places love and burdens amongst christians. And in His own time and way, He will accomplish the healing of the broken hearted and draw all men to Himself.

2 comments:

yeu@nn said...

Hey Lois! Just want to say how encouraged I am to read about how God is guiding you to what He has in mind for you... Sis! whatever happens, stay true to His calling for you, and love God, and love His people always! :D praying for you!

Love in Christ,
YA

Lois said...

Hi Yeuann,

Thank u for yr encouragement all this while. :) I've been very blessed to read yr blog to and to see yr desire and heart to seek God and to be a blessing to His ple! May He guide yr ways as well.