Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Encouraged

Pretty thankful for the past few days. I'm almost being treated for all my meals :D heh. Realise that my love language may be receiving gifts, aka I feel very loved whenever someone gives me something.
Met up with D after a long while, and we went to Miss Clarity Cafe and Food for thought. Then he sent me home though he stays at Choa Chu Kang! I've not encountered male chivalry for some time. ;p And then Tues I met up with my colleague S, who is from Adam Road Pres Church, and he said his wife was also going to start work in a missions organization, to care for kids of missionaries! That was pretty encouraging. And then had tea with JS at coffee bean after work, whereby I got to talk and share about some of the stuffs I encountered at work! It was pretty edifying. Then today, I had korean food with my "powerpuff" girls colleagues. So this pretty much sums up mon to wed. I've been on the receiving end for loads of love from others. And I hope it never ends, like I can keep receiving. haha. I think my love tank is slowly being filled up. Nevertheless, it can always do with more and more filling up!

The transition period to a new job is pretty weird for me. Cos I'm not that busy at work, and I feel pretty sentimental. Today, I collected my letter from the HR, which stated the period I worked in the company, my last drawn pay etc. As I stood at the interview room, it just felt like yesterday when I sat there for my interview in my suit and resume, and those fears and excitement, not knowing what to expect from my interviewees. So it was pretty surreal. U know I can't say, I don't like money or status, and when I looked at the last drawn salary, there was a little stir in my heart.

Yesterday as I read the bible, these verses spoke to me and encouraged me:
7 Then Moses called Joshua and said to him in the sight of all Israel, "Be strong and of good courage, for you must go with this people to the land which the Lord has sworn to their fathers to give them, and you shall cause them to inherit it. 8 And the Lord, He is the one who goes before you. He will be with you, He will not leave you nor forsake you; do not fear nor be dismayed." Deut 31: 7-8

Joshua must have felt pretty intimidated having to lead the Israelites to the promised land. And to fill the shoes of Moses! Yet God promised Joshua, that he was not to be afraid, but to be strong and of good courage. Because the Lord Himself went with Him. And yes, Joshua had a calling from God to fulfil.

Another verse blessed my heart
31 But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you. 32 Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father's good pleasure to give you the kingdom. 33 Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. 34 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Luke 12:31-34

I take these verses literally. Literally, sell all you have and follow after Christ, because He shall provide. Why "little" flock? Cos like little children, we are come to the Father and trust Him. Little children who are just so trusting to rest in His promises.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey... when's the last day and how long's the break? Could do with abit more 'filling up of love tank'? ;P

Lois said...

haha my last day is next fri, 18th April. New job starts on 2 May. Yes yes...pls fill my love tank. How r u going to do that? More treats and gifts? hehe. Just joking. ;)
Hope u are getting along well as well. :)

Anonymous said...

hehe... ok lah... not exactly having a gorgeous time leh. Think it's been a year since I had a good, life-changing retreat, realised it's probably time to to 'go back' again...
haha.... ok why not? I think Ive grown more generous over time...;P
When/where? hee...

Lois said...

heys...haha.. no lar, I was just joking :) Hope things get better for u too. I realise sometimes things doesnt really get better, but there's just a restedness we feel, being at rest cos God is in control. Take care!