Saturday, February 02, 2008

More than enough

Gave thanks to God as I came home today. Spent the day reading, went to the World Vision One Life (AIDS) exhibition, and then met up with HY for some shopping for CNY clothes! :)
Got myself one top and one dress.

Basically, God has always been more than enough for both me and my family. We have never been lacking, so I give thanks as I abound in plenty.

When I told my colleagues my career switch to the social sector, some of them also mentioned they had to stick on to the job cos they have families to support! I do give my parents regular family contributions, but I know that they are not dependent on me.

Having said that, I think I could be quite happy with simplicity. So both of that added up, makes me a good candidate for going into ministry work! :) (Though I have not really experienced very very simple life- in all honesty. But I don't think I spend that much on clothes & assessories for instance)

Anyway I just wanted to give thanks to God, because I know He has brought my family and I so far, I know He will continue to provide. :) I somehow think that this may just be a start to something more in the future.

Oh yah, I didn't mention where I will be going. Most likely, I will be working in a non-profit, coordinating their overseas humanitarian projects, by sending teams there etc, travel there with them sometimes, but mostly based in Singapore.

Oh dear, this post has been quite incoherent I think. Just too many thots jumping around.

No comments: