Friday, February 01, 2008

Graduation

The difference betw graduation from school and leaving a job is this- after u graduate, u are supposed to be receiving yr results for the past 2-4 years of hard work. Its when it comes into culmination. Whereas once u leave a job, no one pays u a leaving job compensation or reviews yr work to say u have done well! Yet a pride wells within at one's acheivements. Which may not neccessarily be uttered by bosses lips or a written testimony. But with a clear conscience, one knows he/she has done work to the best of his/her ability. And yes, leaves behind a legacy for future generations in the company. After all, one does not hand in assignments to be graded, but one's input affects actual outcomes in the company. ;p That system being implemented, processes reviewed, projects that go live. ;)

So yes, I've tendered and my last day at work will be ard mid-april! This must have been one of my life's hardest decision. But after making it, I actually feel tremendously relieved, happy and excited about the future. :) Though there is a bit of uncertainty, and loads of sentimentalism, I know I am happy.

Yesterday, the project I was working on went "Live". It was the cutover date. :) I'm quite happy with the best I've done, all in God's grace of cos. Looking back, He has been sustaining me for the past 3 years.

I shall share again. :)

No comments: