Saturday, January 05, 2008

Welcome 2008!

Said my welcome to 2008 at Dawn Prayers in CEFC. Started at 6am, so I woke up at 445am. Tossed and turned in my bed from about 11ish up to 1plus am. So it was a feat waking up. And praise God, I got to take a ride on a friend's car. Surprised by Pastor Edmund's opening prayer, "Happy New Year God." haha. That sounded a bit strange. Other then that Dawn Prayer was very very good and refreshing.

2008 looks like a very busy year for me. The overflowing events of 2007 into 2008 is regretful! No fullstops there, still packing my room. Thankfully I only have one box of letters and some adhoc stuff left to pack. Went to church just now, and then came home and packed again. I'm pretty exhausted. Still have not yet had time to sit down and be still. But yes, church has been good, and in those moments, I find rest.

I will be in Intentional Discipleship Training (IDT) starting on 11th Jan. Its a training program including weekly bible studies at church on fridays, daily devotional homework and memory verses. Its sounds pretty heavy going! But yet I am excited to be able to re-learn about God, from the basics all the way to everything. Will also be serving as a leader, so I am pretty excited to serve again, to be able (I hope) to be a blessing to others, and to learn from others.

Woke up one of the mornings a few days ago, and felt impressed upon my heart this verse:
"Arise, shine; For your light has come!"

Upon referencing to the verse, this was wat it followed up with:
"And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you. 2 For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, And deep darkness the people; But the Lord will arise over you, And His glory will be seen upon you. 3 The Gentiles shall come to your light, And kings to the brightness of your rising."

Isaiah 60:1-3

Wow it was a pretty encouraging verse for me. 2007 has been a very difficult year, cried a lot, and "gave" up on things I really liked. Now I feel at peace. And this verse speaks to me of the new hope in 2008. 2008 is a year of preparation.

Prepare for what, I am not too sure. But I know that IDT will be good training in the word. Will also be going on another mission trip with my cell members, leading it with Pam. I think that these will be good preparation for whats ahead. And also, I think I will try and do more housework at home, and to be a blessing to my family.

No comments: