Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Because He first loved us

With the impending change, my heart is filled with a mixture of awe, excitement, surprise, yet some apprehension and fear as well!

God has been good, He indeed works within the hearts of humans. I'm thankful. :)

As I sought the Lord and asked Him what I can do for Him? At first it was, I really want to do something for You God, I want to serve Your people...I I I I...and myself...and my sacrifices. And then I realised that it was not because of I, but it was a joy, bcos He first loved us, so we can love others. These days I'm reminded of the parable of a man who found the precious pearl, and sold all that he had. Indeed, the value of the lovely pearl exeeds anything that others can give, whether it is fame, fortune, status etc etc. I admit though, pulling at the heart strings are feelings of sentimentalism.

Heh, the above wouldn't make sense to my blog readers, not until anything I do is concretised anyway. =)

"But more deeply, in order for you to be useful to the Master here- or anywhere- you must be close to Him and in love with Him. To the degree that you are intimate with Him, you will know what to do, what you must do."
Heidi Baker

No comments: