Monday, September 17, 2007

A kingdom of love

It is a pleasant beautiful Monday morning! But as usual, don't feel that I have slept enough over the weekend. Bio-clock has been waking me up faithfully after 6 hours of sleep. Which makes me wonder how much sleep a person needs to sustain oneself.


I had a pretty enjoyable weekend. Cell came to my house for bbq on saturday nite. It has been some time since I hosted ple at my house, and it was kind of heart warming seeing familiar faces popping up at my house. Kind of like juxtaposing familiarity with familiarity. Some of them brought their friends too. I am starting to understand and learn about relationship building and loving others, afterall, our lives are intertwined with others, and connecting with others is what makes us human. =)


I've been reading Brian McLaren's book on "The secret message of Jesus". He talks abt bringing God's kingdom into the places we live, and much more stuff, but a lot of it takes time to digest as he comes from a quite different kind of view. But anyway I think it relates v much to the way we interact with people as well. Loving them and living like Jesus, bringing the Kingdom way of doing things into our lives.


Yesterday I went for ktv with my china trippers. ;) It was a good relaxing time singing and eating. And I miss china. I didnt share much but some of the things we did that I've been sharing with Singaporeans, who kind of cringe at the idea:
- We didn't bathe for 6 days
- The toilets didn't have flushes but consisted of two planks or a hole. Sometimes we went to the bushes.


Haha. And those two pts above are enough to scare singaporeans away, and they look at you like you have suffered! Those experiences are ofcos not exactly comfortable, but contrary to what ple think, i don't think we have sacrificed much. Its just another way of living. We are at a new place with a culture different from us. Trust me, the toilet didn't stink cos they had some hay below to neutralise the smell. The one I went to 4 years back at a rural school toilet was worse, smelt like nitrogen flowing into yr nose. ;) C shared a good pt, she said to the jews be like the jews, to the greeks like the greeks.


I've been bz bz bz like a bee. What's new! But praying for more grace this week. Other then work (multiple list of foreign tasks filling up an A4 page), I've to also come up with publicity for the comm service proj. Also relationships! Some frens who r going thru tough times, hope to call them up and talk. So yup, full time christian everywhere we go.

No comments: