Sunday, June 10, 2007

The process of waiting...

Just back from the pre- women's breakthrough weekend meeting. Next weekend I will be at Batam with 205 ladies from church. I'm looking forward to the solitude time with God, a good long 3 days set aside to seek Him, to align my direction with His plans again. =)

I wonder if it is going to continue to be a trend, around 2 weeks of exhilarating joy and thanksgiving, followed by 2 weeks of unrestedness and lostness. This seems to be the pattern that recurrs. Haha. :/ How? I'm thankful that God is still faithful and gracious towards me even though at times I can become so unthankful. So I shall count my blessings here. ;)

It has been a busy weekend, yesterday Mee, the other gal I'm nurturing at church came over to my house for bible study. =) Definitely one of the thanksgiving item for this whole nurturing relationship that started since Jan. Preparing the bible study this week on Church was also a time whereby God spoke to me through Romans, about humility, everyone in church having their own roles, being sober about oneself and not lofty, not thinking of one self as better.

After that went to meet my counseling proj group to discuss the proj. After that went to BluJaz Cafe for Chon Wee & Joy's wedding dinner.

Monday, I received a fat bonus letter haha. It made me a bit stunned, but the words were encouraging from my boss once again. Which ended off with, its gonna be a bz year...this is to encourage you to work harder. So this comment created some tension within me...some sort of pressure...

I'm not sure if money means a lot to me. haha. ;) I'm wondering what to do with this money...maybe I shd use it to start an orphanage..i wonder how much that costs in a developing country? ;) Maybe its not enough to start one la...but imagine how nice it will be to see yr money go to some substantial building, or a well, a school or something. But then again, shd I save up in case I really change jobs down the road? How?

Oopsss....a thanksgiving blog twisted to the other direction of lostness again.

When will this quarter life crisis end?

Maybe it is not the final point that God wants to show me, but this whole process of thinking through and waiting on Him. :) It is learning to fix our eyes on Him and knowing that He is faithful.

No comments: