Thursday, November 23, 2006

The orange fat cat

Just came back from counseling class!

On the way back home, walking past the carpark to go home, I was asking God something. I asked Him, can I really believe You? How do I know I can believe You? And if I may be audacious enough, if the orange fat cat comes ard and strokes my legs while I walk past the carpark, this thing will come to past!

Didn't really have any supernatural feeling of faith rising, walked past the carpark anyway...din see the cat in sight. Sigh. Decided to walk through the pavement betw my block and the next. And lo! There was the fat cat sitting on the pavement.

I meowed at her, and she walked over, slowly ard my legs before collapsing on the floor with her fat tummy up, exposing the white fur beneath. :) Stroked it as it happily stared away, tail bobbing up and down.

There, in the middle of the night, I sought solace in the cat. Always so calm and reassuring cat. ;)

Not sure if this implies anything with regards to what I prayed for! Nevertheless, I hope it does.

----------------

Been re-reading some emails, and thought that I hadn't thought things through from another's perspective. Truly am sorry for the hurt done.
This made me think of To Kill a Mockingbird, and Atticus's famous quote to his daughter Scout:
"if you can learn a simple trick, Scout, you'll get along a lot better with all kinds of folks. You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...until you climb into his skin and walk around in it"

I really liked that book when I read it in secondary school.

O Lord, give me a big enough heart to love others, to truly love and seek the better of the other. I'm sorry for the hurt done and for seeing things only from my own perspective.

No comments: