Saturday, November 25, 2006

Book sale!

Yeah, just came back from Bethesdal Book Centre. It is really a gem of a shop, located next to the NTUC at Marine Parade, tucked nicely in the row of shops! There's a book sale now:

Bethesda Book Centre – Marine Parade
Clearance Sale

At Blk 80 Marine Parade Central #01-784 Tel: 63483775
12 noon to 7 pm Mondays to Saturdays

Clearance Sale Discounts
Bibles between 10% to 70% discount

Small Group Bible Study Guides
at reduced prices between $4.50 and $10.90

Ministry Resources (Large format)-Any 3 copies at 50% discount
(except Gospel Light Resources which is 10% discount)

Books for children - Any 15 copies / titles-70% discount *
*Except 'nettsp' and 'final'

All Regular Priced Books-25% discount ;
Any combination of 5 titles/copies - 37% discount *
*Except Sets and 'nettsp' - 20% discount; 'final'- 10% discount

You may now mix and match books which are usually tagged at 40%, with titles from the Red Star Section and titles published by Westminster John Knox to enjoy these discounts:-
1 copy -40% discount; 3 titles/copies - 50% discount;
5 copies/titles -55% discount; 10 copies/titles -65% discount

-----
No commission for advertising for them! I find that it is a really great shop cos there're all sorts of christian books there.

I got 4 books today, lemme know if u are interested to borrow any:
1. Celebration of Discipline: The Path to Spiritual Growth, Richard Foster
2. Good News to the Poor: Sharing the gospel through social movement, Tim Chester
3. How Long, O Lord? Reflections on Suffering & Evil, D.A. Carson
4. The giving gift: The Holy Spirit in person, Tom Smail

I think they are all pretty good books. :D It's quite a balanced selection right?

Anyway, yesterday, mum opened my letter and saw the receipt from World Vision. It was a relatively big amt, but actually very small compared to all I have got. Dad began harping about how we shd accumulate more capital to invest so we can help more people. Which I challenged, as to whether the accumulation of more wealth means that we will donate in the future. And whether we will still be alive to be able to give. Today while we went shopping, mum told me something, she said she saw a bangle that was nice, but she decided not to waste money, upon thinking of my donation, and how I saved on myself to donate. And she added fr now on she won't buy anymore clothes for me. I encouraged them on another ocassion to considering adopting a child. I think they are starting to have a paradigm shift, which is quite a happy thing. Glad that my personal choices have some effects on the ones I love. I pray that our lifestyles may slowly change to be a wiser steward of what God has blessed us with.

Mum bought me a dress just now as a christmas present. I really like it a lot, and saw it about a month's back but didn't get it. I'm Happy. :)

Thank God that He has also blessed me in the stock mkt. :D Dad helped me to invest some money!

In clarity, I believe that God can bless us with prosperity. I say can because I believe that a christian may not always prosper but may suffer for his faith. Next to that is something that probably splits some hair-what we do then with the money?

Thank You God for every good thing! He created all things beautiful on earth, the designs, the art, the fashion etc.

No comments: