Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Life Lessons

About a month ago, I went to have a haircut, and I removed my earrings, wrapped them in a tissue and put into my bag. When I came home, I couldn't find the earrings in my bag and I thought I had thrown the tissue away accidentally! I was so sad because my mum bought me those earrings, and they were my new favourite pair.

Last week, I was taking a pouch from my bag, and as I fished it out, one side of the earring was hanging on the pouch. I dug in the bag and found the other side! This is a different bag from the one I brought for the haircut, and I don't know why the earrings ended up there. But it is sure makes a good philosophical lesson on "losing" something, waiting and finding it back again.
----

Went to the gym yesterday, and the Personal Trainer said- you have very high endurance level, but little strength. But it's ok, he said, with the endurance, you would be able to improve your strength in a matter of time. I feel that this is a statement that is true about my work. I think I have a high endurance level. But in terms of "strength", i.e. expertise, knowledge with regards to many things, I feel inadequate all the time. Who u see yourself as, probably determines the threshold/limit of who u can be. Actually..Who your God is determines the threshold/limit of who He can make you to be.

No comments: