Sunday, November 29, 2009

Little Children

Its kinda interesting that I've taken an interest to children recently. hehe. The bible says let the little children come into God's kingdom. There's a simplicity about children that warms my heart. And ofcos the immense potential that each kiddo carries. =) I think that children's ministry would be a crucial component too, in missions work, bcos in teaching the children while they are young the right values, it builds up their character for the future. Did I not also first learn about Jesus and praying and God when I was in primary school from my domestic helper? She was such a big influence in my life, teaching me to pray on a daily basis.
Had a dream that day of little kiddos singing with adults in a concert few nights ago. Think its cos I listened to too many songs of kids singing.
This Dec 26- 2 Jan I would be at Indonesia Pekanbaru, going to an orphanage. I really dunno anything much about ministering to children. But I pray that the little kids may know that even though they are orphans on earth, they are dearly loved by the heavenly Father, accepted and adopted into His family.

My trip to Cambodia meanwhile is still unconfirmed! It is targetted to be from the 7-18 Dec. I don't like the uncertainty, but I have decided not to live my life based on that limbo mode. But each day as I can (well, at least from now to the 7th, and after the 18th), I shall make all my appts and carry on with life. Xmas started early this year for me, started buying presents already, in view of my traveling. I shall keep you posted on my travels and learn to live each day at a time, giving thanks for each day.

3 comments:

yeu@nn said...

whoa! awesome, sis... =D amen, yah, children are such a blessing from God... let's do our best to share w them... =D haha... i'll be going to Cambodia from 2 to 9 jan, God willing and no delays... =D to serve the children there... haha... keep us in prayer k? =D

Lois said...

yo bro..wah must transfer some of your Hopekids expertise to me cos I really dunno anything abt children church. Pray that you and yr team will have a fruitful time in Cambodia =)

yeu@nn said...

haha... no prob sis... you can drop by ur church's children's ministry actually... but if u want some advice and "battlefield" experience, i'm more than happy to share... haha...