Monday, October 26, 2009

Social entrepreneurship

I went to SMU's Social Icon dinner on Friday night. It was kinda nice, but I was sad that I missed the whole day's conference with really good speakers. I met Anil & Sinee again after a long long time!
Social Innovation & entrepreneurship which is really solving social problems in a sustainable, innovative and systemic way, gets me excited because of the sense of passion and idealism that bubbles in the sector. i.e. Its not just feeding a fish to a man, but teaching a man how to fish, and revitalizing the whole fishing industry. There's a very good special edition writeup on some social innovators who were awarded funding in Saturday's Straits Times.

I always thought I wanted to be a social entrepreneur of sorts, because how nice it would be if I could meet needs in a sustainable way. But when I look at the world with so many diversed problems, I really wonder, what is the cause that I am passionate about?

Passionate actually...about people...because I believe no human made in the image of God should live like an animal. And ofcos, to share the greatest news of all times through my actions, making God's love tangible to people....
The Greatest News of God's redemption, His forgiveness of our sins, reconciliation with Him, and joy forevermore. In Him, we experience the greatest and deepest everlasting love.

No comments: