Tuesday, October 06, 2009

New things...

hihi, just decided to come in to update abt my life for a short while! I guess blogging is quite a narcissistic thing to do actually.
Well time really flies, and I really can't account for all the stuff I have been doing. Some days just went by in a blur. Especially at work.
Maybe just a few things that were out of norm...I visited 2 churches with my friend last last Sunday. They were youthful churches, and it was interesting. I liked the passionate & radical declaration of God's love, and ofcos the praying in tongues. heh. But somehow maybe age has caught up with me.....I didn't know more than half of the songs. And yup...some of the lyrics though catchy, I have problems singing because I think some are rather radical declarations of our love for God, and it takes more than singing to a nice tune to really mean it fr the heart.
Hmm...Monday I had to wake at 4am to reach Changi Aiport to send off a team to Phnom Penh, cos they were bringing some clothes for us. I hardly slept for 3 hrs when the alarm rang. :S Anyway it was kinda fun, sitting on the sky train cabin alone at early hrs. And taking the first MRT back home! Got to sleep in after...

Today I was blessed again, cos I was delivering clothes to schools for them to help us bring up to Cambodia. And my ex-colleague gave me a free ride all the way from Upp Serangoon (my office) to Bukit Panjang and Bukit Batok. And at the first school, this smiley guy came over and asked to help me carry the box. He was wearing a christian T-shirt saying God is my refuge and strength. Kinda thought these people are God sent angels to help me and remind me that He is there for me. =P

Alright time for bed! Good night!

2 comments:

Roy said...

Hi Lois,

I'm from CEFC too. Reading your posts on your spiritual journey reminds me of my own transition from a Megachurch.

One thing about CEFC that encourages me is that the christians are willing to give up the trappings for life to obey God.

Indeed, transformation precedes multiplication.

In-His-Love,
Roy

Lois said...

hihi Roy,
Thanks for dropping by. Your comment really reminds me of a "certain kind".

Yes thats what I really appreciate about CEFC too! So how was your transition like? I do still miss aspects of being in a megachurch though, having spent 8 years there. It really has its strengths too.