Sunday, June 14, 2009

What would you bring up to a helicopter?

Its really been some time since I blogged! Life has been somewhat busy. I'm flying again on Wednesday from 17-24 June to Indonesia (Jakarta and Pontianak). I kind of like the "image" of being on the move and flying here and there, but deep inside me, part of me feels a little bit tired and lonely. Traveling can be quite lonely, and when I get touched about some people or things, I can only journal them down (if there's no one to share with, but yea, I am thankful for the different ones I've travelled with and the divine conversations). And also I can't sleep properly in a new place, I usually take some time to get used to it! I'm also thinking about the greenish looking water in the village that we use to bathe........

Sigh I have become so pampered! Was it a change? I find that the older I get, I get exposed to different things, and my "want" list increases. This year I bought Nike & Birkenstock shoes. Recently I tried Clinique products and I like them, so I got some from an online shop that sells it cheaper. I also have taken a liking to Bodyshop stuff like the White Musk shower gel is simply so luxurious! Last year I signed on the gym membership and personal training, and going to the gym has made me feel like my body is being so taken care of, and I give thanks that I get to enjoy such a luxury. And then food wise, it is hard to resist good food, and also I enjoy drinking (chilling) with friends, and a glass of beer costs a lot. Hmm...what else.. as the weather is so hot, I've started sleeping with the aircon on every night! Last night I went to this wedding dinner, and the food was so lavish, with lobster, sharksfin (literally pieces and pieces), scallops, birds nest etc.

Maybe like Paul...he is contented with much and with little? Not sure when it crosses the line. The gist is, I guess, taking all things as temporal. But yeah I am thankful each time I have much. And having said all this, I think it is still more blessed to be with loved ones than to have the gold and treasures of the earth. And also the realisation (not that I didn't know, it just became so apparent recently) that I am so well taken care of at home. Maybe it took my friends to have children before I realised the difficulties of raising a kid, caring for a baby etc. When I get home, my mum cooks wonderful meals and heats them up for me, I just have to eat and wash up. I always think my parents should get more involved in missions, but indirectly, they have supported missions by taking care of me and releasing me to travel so much. This I am so thankful for.

Recently i came across some really good resources from World Vision on teaching youths abt global issues and what the bible says about them. One of the questions they asked was, if there was a flood, what are the things u will bring to the roof top. What are the things you will bring up to the helicopter. To the helicopter I can think of my family ofcos, and all my identification cards like I/C, passport, and my hard disk & camera which contain a lot of info...most of my money is in the bank anyway. And to the rooftop, you know what....I think I may bring my books up, and some momentos that really mean a lot to me from people. Hmm. How about you? This ques helps to identify which are really really dear things to you!! Maybe it also depends how much time I have to bring these things up yea.

No comments: