Thursday, June 18, 2009

Rescue mission

Due to some glitches, I didn't fly yesterday, and will be flying tmr morning instead. It was an eventful day as I awoke all ready to go, with my luggage all packed. The uncertainty showed me what it means to be (1) Battle ready - i.e. having your luggage packed and ready to go (2) Trusting and Waiting - For God's timing in uncertainty.

I'm glad I was at home to witness a most touching event. As I have told some of you before, a pair of birds (honey bird) built their nest at the bamboo tree outside my house door. This is the third time they have a kid here. Two other baby birds have hatched and flew off.

But this naughty little baby bird, probably kicks a lot in the nest, plus the nest has really worn out after 2 baby birds. I heard the day before, the baby bird was dropping out of the nest, and my dad & mum had to scoop up the bird and put it back into its nest. Yesterday, the same thing happened to the bird. It was hanging on its legs, upside down in a precarious situation. Dad put the bird into the nest a few times, and even used toothpicks to stick the nest together. As the nest really looked like it was going to break, he put a box below for the bird to land. The baby bird really dropped on the box, and the mother bird was flying all ard the garden anxiously. I noticed the father bird only came after much later. (I was thinking to myself.....The male and female characteristics apply in the animal kingdom too? haha..)




Okay here is the poor birdy....

And mum and dad thought of cutting down the original nest and put it into this basket, before putting poor baby inside. So that baby will not fall again. It was kinda sweet....Mummy bird and Daddy bird were so worried tweeting all around. And later when the discovered baby bird was safe in the new man-made nest, they continued their tweeting melody. ;)




For more info, u may visit my mum's blog which gives a narration of the whole incident plus photos. ;p


It was the most beautiful rescue mission that I saw....and a representation of love between parents and their kids, and my parents with animals ;p I see God in nature.

4 comments:

yeu@nn said...

wow... so sweet! :D

Lois said...

hello bro..
unfortunately the baby bird died later... :(
Think its not used to the man-made environment? I don't know..

janaie said...

Your mom's chinese is superb... a delight to read ;P

Lois said...

harhar...u can comment on her blog ;) The chinese is very good!!