Saturday, October 18, 2008

Vengence is mine- says the Lord

Just came bk from WL's wedding dinner! =) It was nice at a restaurant in Labrador Park, with a live band. So happy to meet all my ex-colleagues again. I miss them! Its comfortable to be in an environment whereby I can be myself. I think they bring out the extroverted and crazy side of me.

Last week, I almost wanted to react to an email. While talking to my colleague, I almost teared! It was due to an accumulation of vented up frustration. I gave myself up to 6pm, for God to speak to me, otherwise I would react. And then at ard 545, a VCF senior whom I hadn't been talking to for some time suddenly msged me! And I chatted with him and told him my situation. Thank God that he processed my feelings with me, and adviced me against reacting. I prayed and committed the situation to God, and told Him that vengence is His (Thank God also for the reminder from another friend in the morning).

The other interesting thing was, I finished reading 3 Kings by Gene Edwards just the night before. I wanted to read it since mths ago, was prompted by the Holy Spirit to read, but didn't. In the end I finished it in one night, since it was very easy to read. Its a very thought provoking book that analysed Saul, David and Absolom. Sometimes we face Sauls in our lives and we think we are a David. But actually sometimes it is due to the Saul nature in us that we view others as Saul. Maybe that Saul is a David instead. But whatever the case, God is the one who anoints His leaders, and He has a reason for bringing certain people into our lives. And God treasures brokenness in our lives. I wonder how much more gotto break on the inside of me.

Thank God anyway that I didn't react that day, and prayed. The next day, I felt an increased compassion, and that oppressive fear was gone. =) I'm thankful that God allows crisis in our lives, so that He can set us free, use us more, draw us close to Him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Priviledged to be mentioned yet again in your blog. Can't you just say Ed?