Monday, June 30, 2008

Giving thanks

I had a good weekend, spending time with various ones, and sharing the things that were heavy/knotted in my heart. Felt my soul was blessed, and encouraged. Thankful for the book on God's will that Charlene lent me. And glad that I could express deep things that were troubling me. Have started reading a few pages, and thought that it addressed some issues i was facing, and felt that it was a word in season.

Yup, today I went back to GIC for lunch with my ex-colleagues, and it was a lovely walk down memory path. The memories were vivid, and encouraging as I recalled the journey God had led me in.

And yesterday, I attended Clare's wedding. Blessed my heart deeply as the couple sang "Amazing Love" together, and after that sang the song they had co-wrote together called "Waiting for you". It spoke of all the lonely pangs longing for each other, and how God shaped them through the waiting, to finally the day of marriage. It was so wonderfully sweet, and divine. :) The food was good, and the place was posh as they had many guests of great statue. But it was not those that impressed me, but rather of how they testified of God's love thru the singing, and their wedding was a testimony of the grace & love of God. It shifted my paradigm, as I realised that God is a God of abundance, and His providence to His children glorifies Him.

Spent q a lot of time chatting with Ed as well, and was edified. Was able to express the knotty issues in my heart, weighing on me for some time. Glad that he was able to understand as he had also thought the same way about some stuffs. The really amazing thing is how he manages to articulate some of the thoughts I had, cos I am really a very "feeling" person, and sometimes I can't exactly capture why I am feeling a certain way. So I am thankful.

I think the greatest thing of all is being able to come bk to this place of joyfulness. Feel my spirits are slowly being lifted up and encouraged. As I realise and understand that our walk with God is not just about "surrender", but about joyful surrender. That surrender does not just entail sacrifice and loneliness, but it comes with the expectancy that a great and faithful God wants to bless us. That He does not just provide spiritually, but materially as well. He can grant us abundance because we are His children and He loves us.

2 comments:

Edmond said...

The song is nice! I'm listening to it now, haven't finished, writing down the lyrics. U have?

Anonymous said...

which Clare?
Ah-ha.. though i think it's a rhetorical qn...:P
Glad you are doing fine and having a good time of your life now...=)
When's our next meeting so that you can share on the progresses?;)