Monday, July 02, 2007

Where the heart beats

A poignant night, my last lesson for the counseling psychology diploma. It has been one whole year of learning, growing, and I'm thankful that He has brought me so far. :)

One year ago I was contemplating a church switch, was feeling lost about which way to go, desperately looking for some meaning in life. And the happy big colourful banner of Counseling Psych diploma hung outside the Amoy Food Centre had a strange allure. There I lingered around for some weeks in apprehension, before I strided in and paid the deposit.

Whilst at the start wanting to just do a 2 month certificate course, I was enticed into signing up for the dip course. The cert was not enough...too short...and left me wanting to learn more.

So yah...went into it without much thought, was just feeling low at the point in time and badly in need of some meaning and inspiration. Aspire to Inspire before we Expire- goes the slogan. I was desperately in need for some inspiration.

So here goes...Thank You to LEE Community College and its team for this fantastic year of learning. Many times it was recharging, sitting into the lectures and learning counseling techniques, which strangely resounded deeply into the recesses of my own heart.

In the last class today, we were asked, so when are you going to start living for yourself? Many of us live to please others, to seek attention...to make ourselves belong in society. But you are not being fair to yourself! Which triggered a whole lot of reflection once again....and there the neurons go jumping about in my brains, and there the heart beats....knowing the reason it was created for.

I know what I should do to live for myself. And I can forsee it happening in the future. Holding on to this piece of dream/of hope/of passion. May it not just be my own dream, but the destiny which He had for me when He created me.

No comments: