Sunday, May 16, 2010

Weddings and HDB Flats!

These 2 years there seems to be an accelerated no. of wedding invitations! I just went for one on Saturday, and in June there's going to be two more. Most of my really good friends are married! I have been invited to their various flats for meals, and its really so surreal to see my friends having their own flats. :P Each one carries a style of their own. Yessss the societal norm to get married is so strong!
Looking at their other halves and attending weddings also makes me think about what I really want, and the type of person I'm looking for...Together with people I've dated, had crushes on etc. ...what worked, what didn't etc.
I really wish that it was easier. And ofcos assessing my single status, the benefits that come with it...greater mobility, more time etc.

------------------

My hands and legs have several mosquito bites! :( And guess where I got bitten...
At home! :P Its scary when home is a place you got to be neurotic about. Most of the time, I get bitten when I'm preparing for work in the morning! Sprayed insecticide around the corners but it doesnt seem to help. And I have an average of 4 new bites everyday for the last week. :( :( Mosquitos, I command you to flee!
Being philosophical ofcos......makes me think of the deeper question of how home is meant to be a safe place, and how it is sometimes not. Maybe the very people you thought you could trust abused you?
And our family backgrounds greatly affect our development, i.e. our view towards relationships, life etc. And then the desire for love makes us to find it in the wrong places...

2 comments:

curio said...

Hello daughter..
it should be interesting to have your perspective on things..funnily, most of my really good friends are not married! (other than 1.) Hah..
so what style do you think my house has? (P says it looks like a kindergarten.)

Hmm..i can only imagine the pressure you face..but trust that God knows what is best for you and all that you go through now will make you a better partner in future! :)

*hugs*

Lois said...

hi mummy
heh....I cant quite capture in words what style your house or my frens' house has ...but its just the feel, like when u walk in, u can say, that is so you! Its that kind of feeling. :) Your house doesn't look like kindergarden..haha...it is quite nice and well designed (like the mirror & dining area), and it is complete with your little Christian!