Monday, May 03, 2010

Creating Spaces for God and Relationships and Myself

April came and went, it was a crazy week of 2 trips to Cambodia, conferences and workshops and events and rushing work etc. ;) Glad I emerged sane!

Labour Day Holiday applied to me cos I usually have to work on Saturdays. Was very thankful for the long weekend. I spent Sat morning at East Coast Beach cycling with my cell grp, and after that, I sat at a shaded area for an hour or so just reflecting, worshipping and praying. It was nice. Unknowingly, my back and my arms turned lobster red too!

I went for intercessory prayer on Sun 8am, cos it was anchored by the missions committee. While we were worshipping, someone read the verses from Isa 49:8 onwards. I was touched, because they were the verses that God gave me in 2007 when I was praying about leaving GIC. God remembered me! And 2 May marks the 2 year anniversary of my time in The Girls' Brigade.

After service I spent a good 2 hrs or so processing my thoughts with an aunty in the church whom I respect a lot, and she was also kind of instrumental in my job switch two years ago. I was thankful for the time of sharing and praying together.

And finally, I went for KTV with my good old friends. :D Though I felt so ancient cos my knowledge of chinese songs and singers probably stopped in the 1990s or early 2000. I was glad for time to chill out though.

It has been a fruitful weekend, and today is still rest day for me! Yay! :D Waiting and creating spaces for God and relationships (and myself). I like.. :D

4 comments:

feL said...

exciting, seems like God's starting to speak about your job switch? :)

Lois said...

haha...He speaks continually. ;p But nothing v straightforward..
Din know u read my blog so regularly! haha! Will reply yr email soon....

curio said...

sounds like you had a great weekend.. i miss east coast beach.. =7

oh, don't worry, you weren't the only one who felt ancient.. i barely knew what ray was singing too! =P

Lois said...

haha! I knew the 1980s & 1990s songs that he was singing though... Cldnt tell the title, but once he sang I remembered...
Nostalgia..