Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Random thoughts before the year ends

I'm really feeling kinda happy cos I just had dinner with HY at a quaint nice restaurant that I've always wanted to try!! :) Its called Mana Mana. Its reasonable priced (mains avg costs about $12-16), its alfresco dining, next to the beach. Its near the Cable Ski area, very near where I used to stay at Laguna Park. Had nice cosy talk with HY as usual...thankful that she indulged in my whims and fancies to have dinner there. Its overlooking the sea, and that stretch of the sand where I always sit to pray looking at the seas in the evenings. It was lovely. :)
Yep I drank some beer hehe...cos it was so chill out kinda place..

And guess what, today was my LAST DAY OF WORK for 2009. hurhur..
I'm flying to Indo for missions from 26 Dec - 4 Jan, a whole 10 days trip. Doing children's programmes in village and orphanage. YAYYYYYYYY. Don't know a whole lot abt children. But the last few days we are going to be exposed to some relief work, and I'm really super excited about it!

Trying to reflect for 2009, haven't managed to do a lot. Its been a really tough year, and I have difficulty giving thanks actually! But I think mainly I'm just tired. Will sleep in tmr. And after much sleep, I would be able to think properly and remember all that happened hopefully! :P It has been a dramatic year tho, of people speaking into my lives, of someone saying he saw angels around me....of divine coincidences somehow. Yeah, of God's faithfulness in changing hearts, and yes! I've built resilience on the inside. And learnt to love difficult people (in the process seeing the difficult me).

Actually...thinkg abt it I'm by nature a very shy and timid gal. You must be thinking in yr heads - you shy??? Well, God has changed me a lot. On the inside many times I still struggle with intimidation and fear, but courage is going forward in spite of fear. He has changed me and given me the courage to pursue the path that is difficult. While we learnt balloon sculpturing on Mon, I was so scared that the balloons would burst on me. They did, a couple burst on me! :S Meiyin says this balloon sculpturing reflects yr personality a lot. It is true- I'm not gung ho by nature, but very cautious. Ehh..God has given me much courage, and put a dream in my heart....And the path towards that destiny is sometimes kinda road not travelled. :P Not pursuing radicalness for its own sake...but somehow finding that pursusing God leads to a radical path. ;p

Went for Dialogue in the Dark last week....
Going through Dialogue in the Dark which is like a 1 hr guided tour by a blind guide into a totally dark place. You feel like you are blind cos its total darkness. Feeling my way around made me appreciate my sense of touch much more. Smelling stuff, hearing birds chirping and all was nice. Sitting down in the "park" was nice. I was present for the moment. Having sight kind of distracts u I realise, since u get to look ard at yr surroundings, and sometimes form unwarrented judgement calls about people and things. Its like when you are blind, you hear people better instead of jumping into conclusion. And that touch is so reassuring, to know that someone is near you when you can't see. So there's things u can "see" when you are blind. I strongly recommend for you to visit it! It made me remember this line in King Lear by Gloucester “I stumbled when I saw”.

Okay Im gonna sleep now. Tmr is a rest day! Yay..and packing and planning... :)

GOOD NIGHT!

No comments: