Sunday, December 13, 2009

God of small things

Today I went to the chinese service with a chinese student -J, whom someone introduced to me some time ago. I have been meeting her for lunch and service whenever she comes to church. I was intending to go for some christmas shopping, but decided to go for chinese svc with her instead. And it was nice to spend time with her, and we also met 2 other young chinese gals who just came to Singapore for 2 weeks. It was interesting seeing J dishing out advice to the gals about what hp card to buy, about taking MRT etc and whatnots... And gosh, there's so many of these chinese gals in Singapore who need such advice.

It reminded me abt what Pastor Matt shared with us last week, about how Jesus met the needs of people one by one. I used to think that I need to plan some major event, or start some social enterprise, but I never felt that God is the God of small things more than today..

It was that Starfish story that inspired me, abt saving the starfish one by one, throwing them back into the sea. Oh but I think I got bogged down by all the different issues. Its really kind of hard to be praying for people in general. But if u have specific people in yr head and heart to pray for, that really makes prayer meaningful. It was during that 30 min of chatting with the gals that made me feel so happie and alive....that nice feeling of just loving and caring for one person at a time!

No comments: