Monday, March 16, 2009

Doing some merciless thinking

Heh...I have been kind of missing from my Blog for some time =) Shall post some thoughts here...
I guess I have been pretty distracted by some issues for the past 2 weeks, and the complication keeps going round and round in my head. Another thing- Fear abt the future, has made me feel rather incapactitated. I am after all, quite a "feeling" person, and often my moods affect me much more than I really hope them to.
Though, during this time, I treasure the deep and comforting presence of God & His Spirit more than ever. If He is all that I got, I cling on to Him.

Watched Watchmen today. Not the type of show that I will usually watch, but watched it with a friend cos he wanted to watch it. And it actually turned out pretty good!
I liked the part whereby the miracle of life was being described by Dr Manhatten. He says it is like air turning into gold. Indeed, the preciousness of life.
It was depressing looking at all the crime scenes. I also thought about justice and who determines justice? What happens when justice ends up in the hands of people? Individuals have their own sense of right and wrong. And something is wrong when you take matters into your own hands, because in the process of seeking justice, you end up like the very people who are performing the attrocities.
It speaks also of the hiding behind masks....that we all do. Its easier to be a superhero behind a mask. We all wear masks, its easier to do that then to deal with whats really on the inside.

I'm kind of like sleepy so I hope that I am making sense.

-------------

Work hasn't been that busy, and in the quietness of the office, I actually (gasp) have time to reflect and to think. The ironic thing is that sometimes thinking about issues is so scary that I've not managed to think too much. Its stressful to be on the reactive mode all the time- as I had been doing for the past 9 months or so. And when the dust settles down, and its just me, and the computer and the quiet office, the silence sometimes scares me. Forces me to really think on the inside, what really really should be done. And in the silences think about my own life, what I really really want. And then to pause, and realise, gosh, God- where are you in the picture? What do YOU really really want with the ministry and the work?

Without a vision the people will perish. There is no hope when people are like just moving round and round in circles. And I feel that even though it is painful to face the truth sometimes, it is important to mercilessly do some thinking about issues and life. Then.....we can move forward and deal with them...

Thankful for the guidance of a few people here and there to support and show me the way. Maybe the above, doesn't just relate to work, but relates to ministry, to relationships...to everything in life. =O
That quiet place of aloneness. To redefine oneself over and over again....
To face the fears on the inside.
To not be afraid to deal with the darkness.
And this thinking...I'm afraid, only happens in solitude, when one is alone....When the distractions and fearful thoughts are put away, one thinks clearly.

No comments: