Tuesday, November 18, 2008

According to my faith...

I find it a bit hard to blog these days. =D But I'm dropping a line here....just for my avid blog readers.
Was walking home today...felt that God seemed to be reminding me of Feb, when I fasted and prayed that God will change my parents hearts so that I am able to serve Him.
Distinctly, He seemed to be telling me, He answered my prayers according to my faith. That FAITH to believe in Him, and the FAITH to want it.
Three things have been bothering me: Stress, anxiety (fears) and loneliness. A lot of it comes from the nature of work here.
But I know that He will answer according to my faith. I qualify that statement.....it's because God is faithful to His word, even when we are faithless, He is faithful.
Pastor Edmund shared abt many of us being in the wilderness on Sunday. As I examined it, I thought of the Words of promises God had given to me. But I don't have the faith to trust Him. I grumble and I complain...
Its not to negate that life has been difficult. But along with the thorns in the flesh, I've experienced much of God's faithfulness as well. The way that people and resources suddenly appear amazes me.
Managed to catch a movie last night w Jac, tho we both agree that the movie was disappointing! Sing to the Dawn....didn't provide much depth to the characters. Before that, I managed to run for 20 min on the threadmill....went to the steam bath and all.
And it reminded me of what I learnt at IDT, that it is not about slowing down, but about centering down. Want to hear from God and center down on His will. Remind myself of His promises.

No comments: