Monday, July 14, 2008

Single-minded pursuit

I haven't been blogging here for some time. =) Maybe one day I will just merge my spiritual blog with this, cos sometimes hard to segregate spiritual posts out. Everything abt life is linked to the spiritual. ;p

Other then being busy with work, I've been going to the gym! =)Did u know that when u exercise, it emits Endorphins which is supposed to make u happy?

I'm in a very precious season in my life, having a work which I am passionate about, a ministry to serve in. Thankful for that. I could like emerge myself in work, and be consumed. But I am guarding myself from doing that. One thing I really like to do in this season of my life, is to learn to abide in Jesus. To have a heart that belongs to Him, that pursues Him, and is satisfied in Him.

All my life, I've been searching and searching for significance in relationships, work or ministry. Esp in relationships, because of this yearning for significance, I find that it is easy for me to develop liking for people. It touches my heart easily when someone is kind to me, or supports me emotionally. ;p It was only recently when I met a friend, that I realised how precious my heart is, esp to God. And how I need to guard it and not give it away too easily. I am thankful for that. =) Have since written down a list of criteria that I hope for in a man.

But this season, is precious. Just learning to let Jesus fill my heart. I pray and hope for intimacy with Him. Not significance or value in other places, but in Him. Not immersing myself in ministry, but serving from a relationship with Him. I hope to find that joy of salvation, of living, of abiding. =) I know it is Him upholding me with His grace. Thank You Lord.

Hopefully, I may also outflow His love to the people around me, and bear much fruit in ministry.

I'm excited cos this week I am going for Go Forth Conference! Will be going for the workshops, and my boss will be speaking at one of the seminar sessions on Wed. I was thankful cos last week she prayed for me, for anointing, and for my eyes to see that God had called me for a time as this.

Such a time as this indeed...I'm trusting in Him.

No comments: