Saturday, July 26, 2008

Leaning on His grace

It has been a tiring week, and I am experiencing the fatigue. Boo. Feel that it is difficult to keep my eyes open and I feel so sleepy! :P Tonight I am going to the Singapore Flyers with Jas, won the tickets cos of my Japan tour. I'm looking forward to it.

In spite of the busyness, tight deadlines, stress, separation from loved ones, tough relationships at work, steep learning curves and all (I could rant on and on), I experienced God's grace this week. I think He is bringing light into the darkness, and clarity to many things about my life. Past memories keep flooding back. Past decisions, hurts, sadness keep flooding back. And He is healing those areas. Just holding me in His big loving arms, and showing me that I am His beautiful girl. =) Its really lovely and sweet. Its like His grace buffering me up in the air. Thank God for friendships, like my ex-colleague who smsed me and asked How I was, out of nowhere. She felt a burden to sms me. That encouraged me, cos I knew it was God who had remembered, and remembers me. Other then that, Im also thankful for some colleagues at the office, esp M for his encouragement. :) And yup, for the course I am attending now every wed, the group has been a pillar of support. Its nice in all, to be on the receiving end. :P

So yup....I am trying to keep awake now and to plough through the emails that are flooding my inbox, that needs to be replied with lots of tact, love and wisdom. TGIS.....its Sun tmr and then Mon break. =)

Tmr is the last service I am attending at Bukit Panjang. Next sunday onwards, the church is starting a new service in the Woodlands building, and I will be moving to Woodlands. There are plans to reach out to the schools ard the area. There is a sense of dejavu because for the 8 years I spent in CHC, we moved 2 times. And yup, I had poured lots of heart and money into the building at Jurong. This time things seem to move so fast that I have yet to reconcile the mixture of feelings on the inside. I don't seem to be thinking too much about it, subconsciously it is the bad memories that I don't want to recall. But it is not in shutting out the past that we receive healing, but really in reconciliation with the past that we can move on with the future. Its the same not just for church, but also for relationships. The words spoken that had hurt, the people whom I cherished, these memories have to be faced. And yup, may He bring new beginnings and directions as I let go of the past and look to the future He has in stored. Amen.

No comments: