Saturday, November 17, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thankful that today is Friday! After a long week of work & challenges, mid-week was really crazy, worked until 830 and 9pm. So was really tired, and had to rely on God's grace to see me through. I've a project that is at its peak this month all the way to Feb, and its pretty stressful cos my boss is going on maternity leave. But yup, grateful for His grace to see me through.

Next week we are also doing our fund raising event during the lunch time. The idea my colleagues and I came up with was to turn a collage of photos (volunteers, elderly etc) into a jigsaw puzzle of 300 pieces. Thankfully another colleague's husband owns a photo developing shop. And yep, it came for free. Everyone who pays $10 gets to pledge a piece of puzzle, i.e. to fit a piece into the jigsaw. :) All donations will go to Habitat for Humanity. Today the publicity posters were completed just in time for the event next week! I get so so so excited planning these comm service events. Yet it is quite a stretching period for me, with the project to handle and planning for this. But it warms my heart indeed. :)

Met up with a couple of colleagues today from the christian fellowship, as we planned out the vision ahead for the second time. We came to a deadlock. But I guess what I liked about it was the grace we gave each other, and the patience. Thankful also for the campus crusade ple who came to facilitate the session. This was the second meeting since the retreat we had on deepavali. One of the things that became quite clear to me was the way God had shaped me, esp at this season, with a deep love for social causes, to see the poor and hurting being healed. It just wells up on the inside of me and fuels me up. I want to see God in the market place as well, and being able to encourage ple in the company. But right now the inclination seems strong towards the social side. This has been on my heart for quite long I think, and I am not sure how it will go.

Praying lots. Sometimes I come to a standstill and seem to be moving ard in circles. Sometimes it seems bleak and I don't know what lies ahead in the future. Yet something tells me God has a firm hold of me, and never lets me go through it all. I'm an emotional gal I know, and so often my feelings fluctuate up and down. But I think these few months it has been slightly better, learning to renew myself in His word.

Expectations. God is teaching me lots of that. Expectations about ple and relationships. So many times had to surrender to God, and to learn to love people with a pure heart. Learning to pray for others, to let God work in their lives. To give space to others to grow and heal. To deal with the emotions of insecurity & fears surfacing on the inside of me. I guess yup, it has been pretty challenging. Learning and growing. :) Oh Lord help me become more like you!

No comments: