Thursday, August 23, 2007

The song in my heart

One of the mornings, as I opened my eyes to a new day, I suddenly had the feeling that I was transported back to the days when I was only 18 years old in JC. In between 18-25, lots of events have happened. Some of the more significant ones in my spiritual walk, experiencing leadership, setbacks, relationship breakup. One on top of another, and so slowly without knowing, the passion & faith present in an 18 year old got neutralized. Yet this year, God has been so good to let me experience healing and assurance of His love. One event after another, through breakthrough weekend, and then the recent trip has been so good.

Making of a major decision for the past 3 weeks has taken quite a toll on me. Has been some time since I teared so much, the last I remember was breakup time. This time it has to do with relationships with parents versus my passion. And how dear they both are to me. Yet surrender & satisfaction, I believe these 2 words are what He is trying to teach me. Learning to surrender to God in the valley of indecision, surrender my parents, surrender my passion. The latter brought tears to my eyes, as Aunty M confirmed my calling for the marginalized, and I hear the still small voice of the Spirit, His callings and gifts are irrevokable. So yes, learning to stand up afresh, once again. And wow, meeting people nowadays is never the same. Seeing the potential in them, and being able to love with a satisfied heart. A heart that has been so satuarated by His love and neverending patience. And so comes the next word, satisfaction, learning to be satisfied in Him, in all that He has blessed me with. =)

Had a early bday dinner yesterday with some frens, and a fren played and dedicated a song to me! On seasons in life. Rather touched and happy. ;) Then there was a surprise cake fr HY, and we ate at the river next to the esplanade (wow), with the lovely breeze and the waves and the song in my heart. It dispelled all the fears and heartaches for the day.

Smses, calls from friends has been wonderful. Lunch with boss was a highlight. Talking to concerned boss who was on MC was another highlight. My heart warms with love. =)
Thank you Father, the chief satisfier and provider of all good things. Show me the way ahead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi long time havent really talked alot. Just to drop by and say hi, your blog posts made me realise I havent been "caring" about you lol. Haha I can see that you are becoming a great person beyond my imagination than I've first met couple of years ago. I've always looked up to you and what you've been doing out there. Whatever decisions you make Im behind you, whether it matters or not :).

Lois said...

hey bro, thanks for yr encouragement and support. You are always my dearest brother though we haven't been in touched recently. Saw yr blog and happy that things are starting afresh for you as well. Happy for you! Meet up again soon with diana etc? Are we having dinner? ;)