Sunday, August 26, 2007

Dying to that dream

Dying to that dream means that God will resurrect it again one day in His own timing. Gosh, this feels painful, almost like a breakup. I don't know what to do now after planning so long for this thing. Its like a little girl waiting for the doll to come, anticipating for a long long time, and she realises it is not coming in the meantime. And then daddy comes and picks her up and hugs her, and she learns that all along what she wanted was her daddy. In what forms will the doll come later?

Dear God, I surrender this dream to You. I know You have Your plans and purposes, in Your own timing You will resurrect this dream again. Grant me the peace that comes with this understanding. Grant me an inward change, to focus on being rather than doing. I pray I have not missed the ship that You have provided for me. For You see my heart, You alone know what is inside my heart, to please You only and to bring glory to You in all I do.

Thank you Lord, In Jesus Name I pray, Amen.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mm.. you decided against it ah?
Why so?...
Share more when we meet...
:)

Lois said...

hey...Yup quite a painful decision and complicated. ;0 Yup, share when we meet.

Anonymous said...

Mmm... but it seems it would be quite a while till we meet leh... (crazee.. take so long to fix one meeting..!)
I see...
I guess if it was a decision you feel you were called to make..., the door will certainly open again when the time n circumstances are right, according to His big plan. Just hope you will know the time when it comes..
I decided against a mission trip recently for a family trip to China... Which is theoretically crazee and also cos I thought I would enjoy the former better (younger bro is not going, no companion!Endure nonsense between older bro n his wife!ulu China village!waste my leave!). But i think Hes calling me to the latter to spend quality time with family n straighten those issues I always avoid, n so I would bear more fruits there... Update on the outcome when I return..;P

Lois said...

hey gal, proud of u that u chose the other route to straighten things out. :) Same for you, I know that where He has called you, His grace will never fail u. Jia you.

Anonymous said...

Yeh... I'm praying about the impending trip from next Sun to 25 Sep... pray for me about it! That I can actually manage to allow Him to work and realise the fruits of the calling. I visualise new found happiness and bonding after it...(that ironically everyone wants but the dynamics aren't working), but it requires understanding and humility on my part.
(I think I bleah too much on ur blog.. sorry!!)

Is there any way you could make them realise the sacrifice you have made in the recent decision (and why u decided to make it)? Any way you can communicate that you strongly believe the alternative path is where happiness is for you, and you trust that He will provide? Maybe one day u could try and put across a sound plan that considers all the practical aspects of life while realising your personal ambitions, which shows how the current path will not lead you to anywhere meaningful, then they might very gradually see the point? They might perhaps then trust that u came to that choice after much deliberation and it is a mature decision, and not due to naivety and whims of the moment?

Just some suggestions... thanks for sharing the reason explicitly on the blog cos would be waiting far too long for you to share face to face!