Sunday, November 13, 2005

About Agape love

As usual in one of my contemplative modes again. =) Been a long time since I wrote anything very substantial, most of it were "hi"s and byes to my dear faithful blog readers. Btw, diff ple have diff intentions for writing blogs, I think for me, I write not just for myself, but I keep in mind my audience when I blog.

Anyway I had quite a good weekend. Had steamboat with CG on friday, and it was good just chatting and fellowshipping. The wonderful thing abt godly friendships is that we can talk abt bible related jokes and riddles, and we can all understand each other. I really really pray that the cg mbrs will become brothers and sisters so close to one another that they can share so freely and enjoy each other's fellowship. Out of it will bear such love..goodness..patience and encouragement for one another. =)

I spent a few hrs on sat choosing a HP for my mum, my surprise bday present for her. COs she has been wanting to get one, but she is not very tech saavy, and it was wonderful seeing her open the gift and being so excited, and I had to teach her how to change ring tones and sms and store phone numbers. It was all quite exciting. I also got myself a hp 6020, with camera, without a contract. My samsung tho pretty, is so hard to sms, esp mass ones..and time saving is so impt! And I wanna take pics. And it was really a very reasonable px, thus far the best I've come across for this model.
Yups and then after getting the hp, I went to East Coast Park with Jon. We had dinner and sat around to talk. It was really good. Sitting on the mat and looking at the sky and the moon and stars (a few only) and the sunset and the sea. =) And really very relaxing. I mean for someone so workholic like me, it was really good quality time. I tink one thing I really appreciate abt Jon is that he is so loving and there for ple. Something which I need to learn from him, to be loving towards other ple and to be just as patient. And to demonstrate what really is God's love.

To me..I think genuine love, is wanting the best for the one u love, which includes being wise abt the timing, and knowing to give and take when it is neccessary. That includes allowing for space. I mean..even in a relationship in which I love someone, ownership doesn't mean happiness for the other party. It will be more loving to wait for the other party. There can be selfish love and pure love. Selfish love..tho expressed as concern, wishes to love so that u can feel happy that u loved. (not sure if I'm making sense) Agape..God's love, is unconditional. Meaning that, it can accept not being loved back. Ofcos as humans, we innately desire for understanding and fellowship. Heh the art of learning to LOVE is not easy.

Sunday morning had bible study as usual early in the morning..and then there was service where pastor ulf preached a very simple message, but was really good abt calling. Calling...to many seems like a call to ministry, but our primary calling is a Holy Calling, simply to the Lord, to be more and more Christ like.

Parents came for chinese service today cos there was a guest speaker, and it was a historical moment I will remember..the 4 of us sitting in one row and worshipping God together. =) Had dinner at thai place.

As u can see I had a very packed weekend..heh.....still haven't caught up on the books I bought! =)

Last of all to end with a testimony. U guys remember my Creative mp3 player was sent for repair, and the gal told me I will get a new one back in 2-3 weeks. They din get back to me for 3.5 weeks! And I sent a complain letter, in which they respnded to within the day. They gave me a new one today! And...the redeeming thing is, they gave me a 6 GB one, in replacement for my 5 GB one haha.

Okie...byee...zonked out.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

=) nice weekend....
mmmm conscious writer?..
I write at blurty to share and elsewhere for myself..

The part abt true love makes perfect sense.. if only tranlsating into actions is as easy as knowing..

Anonymous said...

God revealed this to me 2 days ago: If the timing is not right, or if the person is not right, or if u are not right, then "It takes greater love to keep quiet than to say I love you" yups..think its a culmination of everything that happened to me..like what the previous person who posted a comment said, something its easier said than done, but once you are able to do it, it makes the love more beautiful, doesnt it?

Lois said...

Hallo icebleu, I didn't know that u still visited my blog. But thanks for yr comment, cos I have the same revelation as u, except that I din know how to capture it in words. I think that not saying the 3 words runs the risk that u might lose the one u love, but that is only being loving and also trusting God with our lives. Love is not just an emotion, or the lovey dewy feeling. =) I'm so proud of u that u have grown so much! May He bring u the one in right timing!

Anonymous said...

mmm....heh... guess im not such an expert in this area..

C once shared long ago b4 he went to germany for 1.5 years that he wld not confess his crush to someone he liked then, cos he was afraid of e consequences, and, jus in case, he din want e person to hv to wait 1.5 years for him. not e right time, although he might run a high risk of losing e person to sm1 else over e years. i thought tt was realli sweet of him.. n his future gf will b v lucky (irony..?)..

Guess it's true to a certain extent.. waiting is far harder and thus more loving.... but if e waiting time is spent building upon an already close (n thus v valuable) frenship, and in a sense preparing for the 'right time'... e waiting might be more hopeful and less painful than passively waiting for a 'right time' that might never appear?.. Smtimes, opportunities are there only once..in future, might grow less close, etc..or alas, someone else might jus pop into e picture.. So,...mus make sure e other party knows so waiting's not in vain..:P then maybe can at least try fo something.. :)

Lois said...

hallo XT,
I agree with u. By virtue of waiting however, I tink that even after waiting u may not get watever u want. But that might be ok...if the person u love ends up with someone else but is happy. =) I mean sounds so noble and all..easier said than done. I think that reflects God's agape love..that Christ died for all, even when He knew that some would still reject Him.

Having said there I guess in the process of waiting there are also other scenerios where u are clear that the r/s would go nowhere and the person is not suitable for u. That is when letting go is the most loving thing to do..for yrself and for the other party.

Anonymous said...

hee... that is true...:P it's ur own choice...
If it's clear, then there's nothing to say...
But do people think so much before attempting?... Maybe things might turn out diffly when in it, mah..
I dunno.. thought e other shd be made aware, unless u have decided it's not for u..